SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#327515 - 06/28/11 04:33 AM The Inmates have taken over the Asylum????
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
What has happened to this forum? Has everyone gone NUTS!?

Please be nice to each other and stop the bickering and hate.

If it doesn't stop; I'm outta here.

Can I hear an Amen brother?

(and Chas I don't hate everyone!)

Edited by kbrkr (06/28/11 04:34 AM)

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#327517 - 06/28/11 05:36 AM Re: The Inmates have taken over the Asylum???? [Re: kbrkr]
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I haven't been on here much at all for months, it's a very unusual forum. Why it's this way, I don't know.

In the past few days, I became a member of an RV forum (recreational vehicles), as I am contemplating buying a travel trailer or motor home. WOW! I cannot believe how nice everyone is there. The forum is VERY busy, I get lots of replies the same day and every single post is so enjoyable!

I am sure Nigel scratches his head about this forum. You have the bickering, and, I would assume it will continue to degrade just due to demographics. Those of us who have an arranger are a dying breed, quite literally.

This forum is a puzzle, for sure. Yet, many good posters.

#327522 - 06/28/11 07:03 AM Re: The Inmates have taken over the Asylum???? [Re: kbrkr]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: kbrkr
What has happened to this forum? Has everyone gone NUTS!?

Please be nice to each other and stop the bickering and hate.

If it doesn't stop; I'm outta here.

Can I hear an Amen brother?

(and Chas I don't hate everyone!)

You have an "AMEN" from me, Al.

I often wonder what's happening as well, and I have not seen so many provocative off topic posts in a long time.

Like you, I don't hate everyone...in fact, I don't hate anyone.

Now this is my opinion:

Posting topics about people who can't reply (i.e. banned members) isn't being one bit fair, and posting personal views (racial/political/religious), unfounded accusations and innuendos, and other types of provocative topics, is asking for trouble, whether intentional or not.

At the very least, topics like these should be in The Bar, and in my opinion, Nigel should be consulted if you have any doubt.

Will this stop ALL the bickering?

Probably not, but, I'm willing to bet it will help reduce it to a level where we can at least work through any controversial posts without it becoming a donnybrook.

Ian

#327528 - 06/28/11 08:08 AM Re: The Inmates have taken over the Asylum???? [Re: SemiLiveMusic]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Couldn't have said it better Al!

(BTW) still crazy about the rotors in "corale" mode.

COOL GRAPHIC!

Russ

#327530 - 06/28/11 08:16 AM Re: The Inmates have taken over the Asylum???? [Re: kbrkr]
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I've been a member for many years but I find I don't even post much any more. We used to talk about products and features most of the time, but these days it seems to me many of you just pick fights and spend most of the time defending one keyboard line or another. I really think this is why so many members are not around much anymore.
(Retired 2021)

#327539 - 06/28/11 09:03 AM Re: The Inmates have taken over the Asylum???? [Re: captain Russ]
kbrkr Offline

Russ, you actually should have that graphic on your profile as the B3 Master. I'm just a B3 wanna be. Let me know if you want me to send the graphic via email.

#327543 - 06/28/11 09:19 AM Re: The Inmates have taken over the Asylum???? [Re: kbrkr]
captain Russ Offline

Thanks, Al, but you own it...great graphic for you! Wonder how many "youngsters" even knew what it is?

R.

Edited by captain Russ (06/28/11 09:41 AM)

#327588 - 06/28/11 01:33 PM Re: The Inmates have taken over the Asylum???? [Re: kbrkr]
Beakybird Offline

Originally Posted By: kbrkr
Russ, you actually should have that graphic on your profile as the B3 Master. I'm just a B3 wanna be. Let me know if you want me to send the graphic via email.

2B or not B3, that is the question.

#327593 - 06/28/11 02:50 PM Re: The Inmates have taken over the Asylum???? [Re: kbrkr]
kbrkr Offline

I remember as a teenager my first look at a Leslie during a concert at the infamous Filmore East in the Village. I was mesmerized when I saw it and then blown away when I heard it. It has imprinted itself on my musical soul ever since!!!!

#327609 - 06/28/11 05:09 PM Re: The Inmates have taken over the Asylum???? [Re: kbrkr]
captain Russ Offline

I always found the quiet "whirring" of a 145, 147, 122...whatever, extremely comforting when your at the B-3 and the Leslie is right there.

Of course, I was "impaired" a lot of the time (LOL) and that probably had a lot to do with it.

Be well, all!

Russ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online