SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#88045 - 01/13/09 01:35 PM Habitat newsletter -NOLA (Capt. Russ)
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Hey Russ, just checking to see if you got a NOLA newsletter. Since I did, I assume that you did also. Good, good stuff in there. Just wanted to make sure you didn't throw it out with the junk mail. Especially interesting is the Shell (Oil Co.) project with the multi-renting unit for old musicians not qualified for ownership. Affordable housing in exchange for mentoring young musicians. What a concept. Can't wait to actually put a boot on the ground this spring. I'm really inspired. With all the interest in getting together, what we should sponsor is a combination BUILD/JAM for (like-minded) synthzone members in Musicians Village. Now THAT would be a 'jam' to remember. Synthzoners united in a common cause. We could even have a mock 'pissin' contest' . Can you imagine, Diki and Kingfrog hammering side-by-side in harmony, Ian and Fran on opposite sides of a crosscut saw, me and Donny hugging.....well, maybe not that far .

All kidding aside, wouldn't that be a fantastic thing if we could pull it off. Sure, bonds are formed at these regular 'jams', but combining that with something like a habitat build for some of our less-fortunate brother musicians, would form some SPECIAL bonds.

Might be more than we could pull off but I thought I'd float it out there anyway. You never know. Sometimes the people you least expect will surprise you (in a good way).

Respect,

chas

#88046 - 01/13/09 02:21 PM Re: Habitat newsletter -NOLA (Capt. Russ)
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Chas, I did not get the Habitat newsletter, but you know, I'm in on anything that benefits those who need help and am always interested in supporting any effort to further music related causes/topics.

I'm in.

R.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online