SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#87860 - 11/07/08 06:11 AM Palin Effect
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
If everyone is watching the news, the rumors are that Sarah Palin was not a positive influence in the McCain campaign...

My biggest issue with Palin from the beginning was the fact that this woman just had a baby with special needs , but thought it was a good idea to accept running for vice president.

Despite all the "oh, she'll have help" claims, from the beginning ,it was a huge turn off for both my wife and I.

#87861 - 11/07/08 11:09 AM Re: Palin Effect
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
She shoulda done the smart thing and aborted. Then she could be unhindered as vice pres and the feminist movement would love her besides. She just wasn't thinking.

#87862 - 11/07/08 11:24 AM Re: Palin Effect
FAEbGBD Offline

And as far as the rumors go, they'll be treated as facts soon enough. Who can say what started those and how reliable they are? And, something tells me that Obama and Biden aren't going to be the best of friends. Remember the comment about we shouldn't have a president who needs on-the-job training? And the no, we hate coal, oops, I mean...sorry, we like clean coal.

#87863 - 11/07/08 12:00 PM Re: Palin Effect
DanO1 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by FAEbGBD:
She shoulda done the smart thing and aborted. Then she could be unhindered as vice pres and the feminist movement would love her besides. She just wasn't thinking.

I don't know you and you don't know me...
In all the years I have been on this forum, this comment is the most disgusting comment I have ever read.

Who gives you the right to say who or what should be aborted ?

Are you really saying that a child with down syndrome is not worth giving birth too ?

#87864 - 11/07/08 12:04 PM Re: Palin Effect
FAEbGBD Offline

Dan, wait a minute, if you've been reading my posts, you'll know I'm quite conservative leaning.
When my older twin sisters, and I, were all born blind, there were people who tried to convince my mother to abort my younger brother. "you really wanna risk having another blind child? Why would you intentionally bring another blind child into the world?" This is the kind of stuff that was said to her. Maybe that helps clarify where I was going with that.

#87865 - 11/07/08 12:26 PM Re: Palin Effect
DanO1 Offline

Edit your post and I will edit mine.

#87866 - 11/07/08 01:16 PM Re: Palin Effect
FAEbGBD Offline

I'll let it stand. I don't run from my comments. Especially after I make clear they are not my personal eliefs. The comment did exactly what it was meant to do, outrage people. I was making a larger point.
You said,

Are you really saying that a child with down syndrome is not worth giving birth too ?

But Dan, as long as it is inside her, it's not a child.

I will apologize for the possibility that my comments will hijack the original intent of your thread. But really, it's over. The Palin effect makes no difference anymore. Especially since as I said, the rumors are just that. And as rumors, they're impossible to refute; and they shouldn't be given the time of day.

#87867 - 11/07/08 04:44 PM Re: Palin Effect
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Quote:
Originally posted by FAEbGBD:
I will apologize for the possibility that my comments will hijack the original intent of your thread.

That's putting it mildy...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#87868 - 11/07/08 08:18 PM Re: Palin Effect
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
What is happening to this forum??
I must need a vacation
Bebop

#87869 - 11/07/08 11:16 PM Re: Palin Effect
FAEbGBD Offline

Just a conversation of the events and culture of the day. The topic I brought up, though maybe in a somewhat insensative fashion, is the kind of thing that is worth discussing. The amount of money Palin spent on clothing, and whether she was seen wearing a towel, frankly doesn't make a lot of sense to me. But if y'all would rather have that discussion, more power to you. I'll be gone for the next couple days, so you won't have to worry about me piping up. LOL

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online