SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#87355 - 04/07/08 09:09 AM Jazz humor - Russ, you'll like this
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
well, there's the line from Bill Crow's book about one of Lester Young's sideman, whose playing was bugging Prez, saying to him during a break, "hey Prez, when was the last time we played together?" Lester Young answered: "tonight."

chas

#87356 - 04/07/08 09:42 AM Re: Jazz humor - Russ, you'll like this
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I like a little place called Andy's in Chicago. Great bunch of folks. Place has jazz at lunch, after work and later on week-ends. Everyone, from old beatnicks, complete with ascots, to art students go there. You'll see folks like Coco Taylor and Earl Clugh (sp?) who just stop by. The "wall of fame"...folks who have worked there... is awesome. In the mens room on a recent trip where was only one bit of graffiti..."don't chew gum from this machine...tastes just like rubber".

There was an arrow pointing to a condom machine.

None of the 12 piano players hanging out could identify the red light I spotted blinking under the house piano. "Man, I've been playing that thing for 20 years, and I never saw that light", one said. Turns out it was the hmidifier...out of water. Can't even tell what the finish on thie instrument was.
Get's religeously tuned once a week, though.
Now, if they could only fill the humidifier reserve.

Good story, Chas...I've been there!Visit Andy's if you ever get the chance. Good pizza, too!

Russ

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online