SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#80590 - 04/26/07 06:50 AM please help me choose I am in a quandry
born2die Offline

Loc: england
Hi I come from an arranger playing background (been playing them for 20 years+) but I moved over to primarily piano based for the last 5 years so I have good hand independace etc but now I have come to a crossroads that I need help with.

I have a limited budget of £500 uk to get a new arranger or workstation and with there bieng so much choice I could use some help.

I have narrowed down the choices to the following based on what I could use the board to do. Ie sequencer, Decent piano patch, Appregiator, drum patterns on board and with the workstation some form of loop and step input. I play mainly modern pop some jazz and rock and a few old classics but not many so I guess I would say that I need a good acoustic sounding board. I already have a good 88 note weighted master keyboard so the action is not all that important.

What I want to achieve is to put good sounding backings behind what I am playing ie input chaords bass lines or whatever is nessasary then play the piano parts over the top and also to use inbuilt grooves and arps to fire off creative ideas and to get me into songwriting.

the contenders

Yamaha motif good solid workstation all the right sounds good board does all I want.

Korg triton good board again but a bit too dance orientated I think

roland fantom Hard to find on such a tight budget

korg pa50 I know little about this board so somebody give me some input please.

I know I am not a great fan of the yamaha psr series so no psr sugestions please and the same for the new mm6 its just a crippled motif.

Are there any other good arrangers out there I should be looking at I have owned a kn2000 before and I liked it but I think that it is a little outdated now though.

Many thanks for any and all suggestions

tristian

#80591 - 04/26/07 07:04 AM Re: please help me choose I am in a quandry
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
You have answered your own question. By eliminating arranger class models that are in your price range (PSR series) and I would guess the casio as well you really are looking for a synth workstation that has some arranger-like features. Sounds like the motif is the clear choice

#80592 - 04/26/07 08:41 AM Re: please help me choose I am in a quandry
born2die Offline

Loc: england
ok lets throw the roland juno-g into the mix then anybody any experience with this board and how it stacks up to the es

thanks

tris

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online