SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#86254 - 06/21/06 09:45 AM cusatom guitar bags or cases...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
What a bummer!
I just picked up my double neck Gretsch from the dealer...no bag or case. There is a listed catalog number for a custom bag, but the factory rep now says it may NEVER be available.

How could a division of Fender be so irresponsible? Granted, there is a small market for this monster, and it is a relatively low end instrument ($1395), but STILL!

Any suggestions?

Russ

#86255 - 06/21/06 07:09 PM Re: cusatom guitar bags or cases...
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
That's really tough Russ. It's not like you could get another case to fit it. What excuse did the rep give you when he told you it may never be available?

#86256 - 06/22/06 08:22 AM Re: cusatom guitar bags or cases...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Hey Nigel...I actually didn't talk to the rep from Gretsch, the dealer did. The good news is, I found a fellow in California who owns a company called Blue Heron cases, who will build me a high quality custom fit bag for about $350.00.

His name is Ken Jorgenson, and he has a radio show called Bluegrass Country on KMUD 91.1 FM. I connected him with my friend J.D. Crowe, who is a giant in that field. J.D. is going to do a call-in radio interview with him. His shop is in Carlotta, California.

I'll do a tracing of the instrument, indicate where the balance point is for handle placement and wait for my new case.

Check out Blue Heron...looks like a fine resource for custom case work.

russ

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online