"I have nothing to say and I am Saying it" - John Cage

I have loved this quote from John Cage. It's as if he was saying something without actually saying anything.

Why this quote? Well I was looking for a quote to add to my Facebook page, that would not be a normal quote, and yet stand out, and sum me up quite a bit. I myself like to say something without actually saying anything. This would explain why I like to post on here as well as Facebook. Sometimes writing is easier for me then speaking. I don't know why? It just is!

If there are two things that I enjoy it's music and silence! Music because it flows, and sounds because as Cage put it: "They are random, and have no meaning"

I have been fascinated with music since I was a child and played around with my parents turntable. They had a lot of classical music on vinyl records. Just putting a record on and listening was fun. As for sounds? Well I have been fascinated by how certain objects make different sounds. Magnetic tape was another fun medium for me. Especially making my own mix tapes, or just talking into the tape recorder and making stuff up. This would explain my fascination with synthesizers. I may not always play music, but I do love to manipulate sounds. Much to my father's dismay. I used to mess around with the patches in my DX7IIFD synth, and my father said: "can't you play music instead?", but I was never satisfied with the music I tried to play, or practice. Maybe what I needed to do was let go, and see what happens?

Edited by analogcontrolfreak (05/27/13 03:51 AM)