SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#341947 - 03/13/12 03:51 PM I'm still a member here!
analogcontrolfreak Offline

Ya know? For a guy who is not really a musician, and really doesn't play, and rarely posts. I'm surprised I am still a member here. I thought Nigel might have deleted my account, due to lack of activity. Although, I do sometimes post on here, but the traffic is not what it was like, several years ago when I joined. Plus I really don't have much to contribute. Plus, I have lost track of some of my online friends from here. Like 3351 aka Ed. Have not heard from him in ages. Also lost track of a few others. Takei and Captain Russ? The only one I still here from on the rarest occasion, mainly when I post is Nigel. Ahhhh! I miss the good old days. Although, there were times I could have behaved better. Oh Well. It's in the past now.

#341969 - 03/13/12 09:27 PM Re: I'm still a member here! [Re: analogcontrolfreak]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Always great to hear from you Paul. I would never delete your account. Captain Russ still posts regularly and we Taike drops every now and then.

Are you still collecting those 78s?

The arranger forums are still going strong because they are unique on the Internet. The main reason the other synth forums went quiet is simply because the manufacturers like Korg, Roland and Yamaha finally realized they need to provide them for their customers. Back in the 90s that wasn't the case and here was the only place that people could discuss them.

#341974 - 03/14/12 04:01 AM Re: I'm still a member here! [Re: analogcontrolfreak]

Hi Nigel, Thank You, for letting my account stay!

Yea, I'm still collecting the 78's.

Ah, so that's why the other synth forums became quiet.

#342012 - 03/14/12 11:25 AM Re: I'm still a member here! [Re: Nigel]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Paul, I'm glad to hear from you. I think I've responded to all of your posts within the last year or so.

Taike is doing fine. He is living in Taiwan, teaching and his family (son-Mapanoy and wife-Nok) are in Laos.

Taike sent his son's adopted grandpa (me) some great footage of him in school.

I'm looking forward to a package from Laos...coins and paper money, some newspaper pages...things like that.

Keep collecting that old vinyl and players. I'm going down Sundaty to the home of a retired State official. He has over 10,000 albums back to the Joe Venutti stage, and can pick one up, place it on his massive Blaubunch stereo and place the needle directly on a solo. Problem is, he's a music historian and will not let the whole record play (LOL).

I'm trying not to get more into old vinyl than I am. I have nearly 1,000 pieces...many bought new...many picked up along the way.

Be well, and don't forget us!

R.

#342034 - 03/14/12 03:28 PM Re: I'm still a member here! [Re: analogcontrolfreak]

Nah! I won't forget about you, guys! Actually you have responded to all of my posts. Although, they have not been all that interesting! Maybe a few!

Actually, I don't collect vinyl a lot. I was mostly collecting 78's, and Edison Cylinder records, and Diamond Discs!

Tell Taike, I said Hi!

Paul

#342149 - 03/15/12 10:38 PM Re: I'm still a member here! [Re: analogcontrolfreak]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: analogcontrolfreak
Ah, so that's why the other synth forums became quiet.

Yep thats the reason. But I leave them up so people can still read discussion about synths before the manufacturers provided forums themselves.

#342231 - 03/16/12 05:01 PM Re: I'm still a member here! [Re: Nigel]

Thank You Nigel!

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online