SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#88248 - 07/22/09 12:53 PM An admirable effort by FLEA...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I have resisted posting this elsewhere, because it really isn't about arrangers, but, never-the-less, it is significant from a general music point of view.

At NAMM this year, there were 5 or 6 booths that featured basses with the Flea brand, and an indication that Flea, of Red Hot Chili Peppers fame has started a company manufacturing a bass in both 30 and 34" scale, with 100% of the profits going to inner city music education.

I knew that Flea went back to school (as a college freshman) recently while the band was on break, and I admired him for that, and he has been teaching at the Silverlake Conservatory of music in a program designed for inner city kids.

I'm not really impressed with the Red Hot Chili Peppers, but I now really respect Flea.

Goes to show you, that there are multiple facets to most people and that there are pleasant surprises where you least expect them.

As an aside, I wish there were more activity here. Normally, this kind of post would not get much traffic, but I really think it is something we should all recognize and appreciate.

I am going to order two Flea basses and donate them to an inner city program I'm involved in.

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 07-22-2009).]

#88249 - 08/06/09 07:50 AM Re: An admirable effort by FLEA...
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Rus

We are so used to seeing all the crap of society that it is easy to forget just how wonderful & generous many americans are. You happen to be one of them.

Great post

Thanks

#88250 - 08/06/09 10:44 AM Re: An admirable effort by FLEA...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Jerry, it doesn't surprise me that you responded so positively to this. Flea...tatoos...hard drinking rocker...GOOD GUY!

The worlde needs more FLEAS (LOL)!

Plus, the guy uses Gallien amps...my favorite bass amps!

Good to hear from you, Jerry!

Russ

#88251 - 08/08/09 12:07 PM Re: An admirable effort by FLEA...
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
It sure is a great gesture on Flea's part and yours.

I really like his percussive bass style. He really slaps that thang.

And yes those Gallien Kruger amps are great punchy units.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online