SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#85650 - 02/20/07 08:37 AM Hey, Tony..how's progress...?
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Hope you're doing better...let us know..!

Russ

#85651 - 02/21/07 04:00 PM Re: Hey, Tony..how's progress...?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Russ ... thnx for the post ... I'm coming along ... going to the PT twice a week and doing 3 sets of exercises each day at home, followed by icing down ...
If I stay in one position too long it takes a little bit to 'loosen' the knee again ...
Did 8 back and forth laps of the driveway (80 feet one way) today ...
Finding a comfortable position to sleep at night is still a problem ... but we'll get there ...
thnx agn,
t.

#85652 - 02/21/07 10:14 PM Re: Hey, Tony..how's progress...?
Caragabal Offline

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia
Tony have you tried sleeping with a pillow between your knees.

Cousin Ken

#85653 - 02/22/07 05:30 AM Re: Hey, Tony..how's progress...?
tony mads usa Offline

Ken ... thnx for the suggestion, but yes, I have ... The most comfortable place for me is on the recliner, but that is in the family room downstairs, and since my wife won't let me sleep down there alone (in case of a problem or I need something during the night), that means she sleeps on a sofa, which is not good for her ... so I try to emulate the recliner position with pillows, etc. ... it works for a while, but I'm not sure if when I do fall asleep I move my leg in such a way as to cause pain that wakes me up, or if it is just the fact that if the leg is is one position too long it becomes bothersome ...
Hopefully the problem won't last too long, and as I am able to increase the exercises, I will become more tired and will sleep better ...
thnx,
t.

#85654 - 03/02/07 04:26 PM Re: Hey, Tony..how's progress...?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Green Bananna Margarettas work for me! Just kidding Tony. Hope things get better real soon--just about time to put the boat back in the water.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#85655 - 03/03/07 04:29 PM Re: Hey, Tony..how's progress...?
tony mads usa Offline

I have been doing my third set of exercises just before going to bed ... yesterday was PT day and my schedule was all off, so I decided not to do the third set ... took a Vicodin and went to sleep ... it was the best night's rest I've had since I've been home - not totally undisturbed, but pretty close - so now I will re-arrange my schedule so that the third set gets done right after dinner ... we will see how that goes ...
To quote a DEAR friend of mine "Gettin' old ain't for wimps" ... eh, Mr. Diamond ?!? ...
t.

#85656 - 03/03/07 06:46 PM Re: Hey, Tony..how's progress...?
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Tony,

I'm glad you are on the mend. I called Gary to get your phone number but the timing was bad for him. I do want to give you a call so I'll try again later or please email me your number.

Tom

tcavan01@baker.edu

Tom

#85657 - 03/04/07 11:43 AM Re: Hey, Tony..how's progress...?
captain Russ Offline

Last night, a friend, Don Blevins, who is the County Clerk, came to see me. He had his second knee replacement in December. His wife said he thinks one leg is now shorter than the other and that he can't walk a straight line. I told her he never walked a straight line in his life. Then, I proceeded to announce a license plate sale...behind the courthouse...after dark...as many as you want...$5.00 each...cash only.

Gotta pay for that operastion somehow!

Glad you're doing better, Tony. If you email me your number I'll give you a call this week. Then, the pain will be in your A**, not the new knee!

"Doghouse"

#85658 - 03/05/07 09:06 AM Re: Hey, Tony..how's progress...?
tony mads usa Offline

You will both have mail coming after I finish this ...
Russ ... after my first knee replacement 3 yrs ago, the 'new' (left) leg was 1/4+ of an inch longer than the right leg ... I've used heel pads ever since ... hopefully now both legs will be the same length ...
t.

#85659 - 03/05/07 11:59 AM Re: Hey, Tony..how's progress...?
captain Russ Offline

Thanks, Tony....ENJOYED IT!

"Doghouse"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online