SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#84250 - 01/11/07 08:52 PM RUSSSSSSSssssss !!!!!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
What

did

you

start
?!?!?!?!?!

My new (old) Rhodes was lonely with just that dinasauer Korg i5s on top, and my bass and guitars beside it ..... so I ran out and played some "Let's make a deal" with my buddy and came home with a brand new Ludwig Jazz Drum kit, complete with Zildjian cymbals.!

My little "playroom" is bustin at the seams again !!!!!!!!! See waht you started !

(At least I didn't spend a cent on the drums ... I traded that old Wurlitzer and some other dusty relics that were lying around. So, now to quote the late James Brown ...

"I feel good!"

(Thanx again, my friend ..... I'm in heaven)

BTW - to be fair, that little Korg powers a Roland JV1010 with the vocal board in it too ! I love that thing, and the whurlie in the korg is one of the reasons I parted with the real thing !

#84251 - 01/12/07 06:09 AM Re: RUSSSSSSSssssss !!!!!!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I would just LOVE to see you jumping from instrument to instrument to sound like a quartet !!! ....
t.

#84252 - 01/12/07 06:36 AM Re: RUSSSSSSSssssss !!!!!!!
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
That's GREAT, Dave. That's the reason I really like our old warehouse and our audio/editing suite, located about a mile from where the Rhodes was (ran out of time-next visit, we'll go "play" over there). Lots of music and digital imaging equipment. I love to slip away for an hour or so, find something I haven't used in a while and use it to complete a small project.

You don't know how good it feels to see you enjoying the Rhodes, which has such sentimental significance to me. My long-time friend and partner, Tommy Johnstom played it during his last months, and now my very good new friend and possible partner next summer
is enjoying it.

That relly makes me feel good!

Hope we can visit again soon. I'm still trying to find the time to get to California on a "Hohner Run" and to look at/pick-up an SD-5. Gotta get my "Faux Diddley" tribute show perfected first!

Play on, bud!

Russ

#84253 - 01/12/07 09:01 AM Re: RUSSSSSSSssssss !!!!!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Yeah ...... I'm playiong hooky today. I took my daughter and grandson out to breakfast ( Sorry to those of you who missed it ! ), and now I have teh house to myself ... to PLAYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!!!

#84254 - 01/12/07 10:10 AM Re: RUSSSSSSSssssss !!!!!!!
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Hey Collectors,
I got a Hohner D6 and I also got a roland JV 1080 with three boards in it and 1 open slot.
Got a Ensoniq Sampler keyboard.
Lotsa other stuff, too.
Gonna have a gigantic sale here this spring and maybe all summer as we beging to get ready to sell down to whatever fits in the big ol motorhome and WE ARE GONE.
ON THE ROAD AGAIN
Best to all,
Bebop

#84255 - 01/12/07 10:34 AM Re: RUSSSSSSSssssss !!!!!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Hey ! That D6 is MINE - I'm sending the company jet out to get it very soon !

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online