SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#81586 - 01/01/07 02:21 PM Road Trip Report # 2....
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Dave's short visit was the "bright spot" of 2006 for me. I feel badly that he had to drive so far in such a short period of time, and we had only about 18 "waking" hours to visit, but WHAT A PLEASURE!

In a day when a lot of people are non-commital, this guy "walks the walk" and "talks the talk".

His commitment to his family and the kids in his school is amaising. His knowledge of and ability to play music is a rare treat. He's a genuinely nice guy and a real pro.

I'm sure he and I could, without a minutes rehearsal, work the finest venues in this area. Man, that would be GREAT, and I'm working on a one week job for a new Club opening next summer (Dave-keyboards-my B and Rhodes, plus guitar-Russ-L-5,upright bass, six string bass-new SD-5-split duty on vibes, plus my favorite drummer-Norman Higgins).

I was so cranked after Dave left I called the developer to see if this was a possibiity after school lets out. He had already called me to see If I would be the house player and put a group together for the grand opening week. I have NEVER chased down a job before, but, man that would be fun!

Dave, I hope you're in! I'll give you details in a month or so. we will have some flexibility in scheduling on your end. Money is GOOD ($1000.00 each for five nights), and it would be great if you could bring part or all of your family (can they all milk cows?)!Naturally, you would be welcome at our house. We have the furniture in storage to convert that front sitting room into another bedroom).

Dave was on a tight schedule, but was gracious to all my friends and family, and took a minute to go with me to visit a long-time musician friend with some serious medical problems (Dave, George says he REALLY appreciated the visit).

Letting Dave have the Rhodes is my highest personal compliment. I NEVER sold an instrument before, and had turned down multiple offers from good friends in the business for years.

I'm proud that "Cus" Dave (He's too young to be my Uncle) is the new owner...I would NEVER have sold it to anyone else.

And I'm proud to call Dave my very good friend!

All the best from Ann and I...

"Redneck" Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 01-01-2007).]

#81587 - 01/01/07 04:14 PM Re: Road Trip Report # 2....
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
OK, so we're making nice in this post? Ok, Ok.... I'll play along.

First - I'm in for the grand opening deal ! Give me details as they happen. I arranged to have off all summer from school, even though we have many extended school year kids. The music department gets a little sparse in July and August, so I'll stay busy at the shore or wherever !

Next - all those terrific things that Russ said about me - right back at ya, friend !
This visit was wonderful. All kidding aside - I now have a true friend in Kentucky. Who says that the internet is a cold place? This site introduced me to many dear friends that I will always cherish. THANK YOU NIGEL !!!!!!!!!!

Ooops ! My new grandson just popped in, so I'll write more later !
Cee Jaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy........

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online