SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#82674 - 05/18/06 07:12 AM Nigel the renaissance " dude"...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Nigel and I have been having a GREAT TIME (for me, at least) talking about things that probably would bore the hell out of non guitar players.

This guy is a real renaissance "dude"....one in a million. He knows guitars,is a supurb musician (I've been told...haven't heard him yet), with great taste in and in-depth knowledge of music, is well recognized in his field of work, busy as hell, has GREAT TASTE in women (only Kerry, folks) and, of course, makes this "community" happen.

How lucky we are....

Russ

#82675 - 05/18/06 07:23 AM Re: Nigel the renaissance " dude"...
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI RUSS,
Many of us were fortunate to have spent a weekend with Nigel and Kerry here at my place in San Jose for our Jam Two years ago. They are as you say really fine folks and a joy to be around. My wife really identified with Kerry so that tells me a lot as Jann is very selective in relating to other people. she is the best judge of character I know other then Rocky Dog.
Nigel is just a great all around guy. He is a fine musician and a joy to jam with.
We are really looking forward to spending some more time with them at out Spring Fling Jam in Ventura/Santa Barbara area July 1 and 2, hosted by Eric and Paula B.
Try to come over and meet these fine folks as well as all the other fine folks that will be there.
I am really thankful for this forum and the way it is operated. I was happy to be able to get the Technics forum started here and moderate it for a couple of years, until my patience ran out Nigel with his amazing patience bailed me out several times
Best to all,
Bebop

#82676 - 05/18/06 09:44 PM Re: Nigel the renaissance " dude"...
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Hey you guys embarass me Russ and I have been chatting about music in general and guitars in particular. He sent me a great early draft of some music he composed for a project he is working on. Russ is very talented guy on both guitar and keys plus his composition is fantastic. And that wasn't even the final draft. Since then he has told me he has brought in another great guitar player as well as recording the organ and electric piano parts himself with his B3 and Rhodes. Russ I'd really like to hear that sometime if that is allowed under the terms of your contractual obligation to your client.

I really enjoy playing music and know that I am not the most technical player around but my heart is always in it which is the most important thing. The same thing with this website. I have met so many good friends here over the years that running Synth Zone is just another thing I love to do. It's 12 years now since I started it and I can't ever imagine not maintaining it. It also isn't the flashiest of websites but like music my heart is in it. Besides I believe that content and online community is more important than bells and whistles. I may not always make all the right decisions about running the website but I do try to.

Thanks so much for reinforcing that for me. Now how about a round of drinks on me.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 05-18-2006).]

#82677 - 05/19/06 08:01 AM Re: Nigel the renaissance " dude"...
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I think "HEART" is what our friend Nigel is all about...that and the persuit of activities and projects that make a difference.

Russ

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online