SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#73693 - 03/14/00 08:56 PM This PSR9000 takes up a LOT OF ROOM on my studio desk!
Anonymous
Unregistered

It hangs off the end about 5 inches, but here is where it'll stay. I just can't replace the X1 with it. I didn't expect to, but I gave it a fighting chance! It's a close second, but it's not better. For all of you Yamaha lovers out there - I'll say this, it's a well designed piece. It's friendly to use, nice to look at and it sounds very good. It's not mind blowing like the Solton solo sounds, but it's very, very good. I'm so disapointed in the distortion from the speakers at louder volumes. If you don't sing, this may not be a problem, but between the manual acoustic bass, and my big mouth - it's all the unit can handle! Too bad. There are many worse things than having a PSR9000 as my spare keyboard (and a quick midi keyboard for my home studio) but if I ever have to make a critical recording, I simply MUST have the X1 sounds. Period.
BTW - I'm also a clarinet player, and I can't believe that anyone doesn't like the clarinet on the X1! There are several great ones! The trick with any wind instrument is how you play them. Give room for breaths, and play in the range of the horn - it'll sound more natural. I get so many comliments on my woodwind instrumentals, it's not funny.
Stranger on the shore, Moonlight serenade, Green eyes, In the mood etc....... all sound stellar! (any body want a 9000 ???? )

------------------
Uncle Dave

#73694 - 03/15/00 12:57 AM Re: This PSR9000 takes up a LOT OF ROOM on my studio desk!
Marek Offline

Loc: Germany
Hello Dave,

I again have to reply :-) to you posting.
I have got an impression, that you are a big admirer of the X1 and you give too litlle chance to another keyboards.

I am not a clarinet player, but I love the clarinet sound (Acker Bilk) and I can confirm that clarinet on the X1 was (the only) instrument I liked much better than on the PSR 9000. The other instruments, my opinion, are better on the PSR 9000.

Regards

Marek

#73695 - 03/15/00 12:18 PM Re: This PSR9000 takes up a LOT OF ROOM on my studio desk!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alrighty then!

------------------
Uncle Dave

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online