SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#74100 - 09/11/00 12:53 AM CS2x: Trouble with ToHost-connection
fhnfhn Offline

Hi all !

I've recently bought a CS2x and I'm having trouble to get the To Host-connection to work. I've made the connection between COM2 and the synth with the ToHost-cord and I've put the switch on the CS2x in the PC2-mode. I've also installed the Micrologic Fun-application, wich came with the synt, and set the transmitchannel to 1, but when I play, nothing happens. I've obviously made at least one mistake but I can't think of which one. Does anyone have any tips?

TIA

#74101 - 09/12/00 03:44 PM Re: CS2x: Trouble with ToHost-connection
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Hello.........Your problem is an exact mirror of my same problem last year when I bought my CS2x. You have done EVERYTHING correctly!!! What you probably didn't do is to install the necessary driver to make it all work. Nowhere in the manual does it even mention this!!!! Fear not.............

Go to the Yamaha link below and select the CS2x. On the CS2x page select CBX Driver and download what you need. You will find downloading and installation instructions on the download page. After I did this everything worked!! Good Luck

http://yamaha.com/ycaservice/group008/fgrop008.htm

P.S. Have you downloaded a program called Tune'em Up?? It's a cool looking and functional computer program that lets you tweak all your CS2x sounds and controls from your computer.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online