Hi All,

I have encountered what appears to be a complete failure of a 256M SD card. Last week when inserted in my friend's KN7000 the message "Error 82! There is no SD in the SD drive" was displayed. When installed in my KN7000 everything appeared OK. Yesterday the error message appeared on my KN. At first my desktop would still read the card so I restored it from the backup file and it was OK again but only briefly. Reformatting, restoring and cleaning the card contacts temporarily cured the problem again but now it is not recognised in the KN, my digital camera (also SD) or any of my 3 computers (each has its own card reader). I have restored the data to another card (different brand) and am not experiencing any problems. With the current low cost of cards it is little more than an annoyance but it does highlight the need to regularly backup cards. The problem card is branded EagleTec and is not more than 15 months old. This may be just an isolated case. I have a total of 6 cards from other manufacturers none of which have caused me problems at this stage.

Cheers
Len C.

[This message has been edited by manorcourt1991 (edited 03-14-2005).]