Hello Everyone,

I don't know if this is by design or I found a bug in the PR804. This is a standard feature found on all Technics models. So anyone with a KN6000/higher or a PR702/902-PR703/903 can check it. Of course anyone with a PR604 or PR804 can check it, along with KN2400/2600.

I will choose a sound for R1 that has a built in Digital Effect, Nashville Steel comes to mind. The Digital Effect is active and the light is on. Great! However, I have discovered when I choose this exact same sound and put it in R2, the Digital Effect is not active and the light is off. You may say, just turn it on, I wish it was that simple, the Digital Effect setting isn't the same. In R2 the PR804 thinks the Multi Effect is on and shows different Digital Effects compared to what's in R1. But the Multi Effect is Off, in both R1 and R2.

I'm curious to know on other Technics when you put a sound in R1 that has a built in Digital Effect, does R2 have it also, or will it be treated differently, like in my case? By the way, R2 isn't the only track/Part that this is happening, it's all the tracks except R1. The only track/Part that keeps the original built in Sound Digital Effect is R1.

If this is a bug and since Technics is not in the music instrument business, is it possible to have it fixed? If so, does anyone know Technics contact info?

Note 1: I picked Nashville Steel, if you don't have that sound, and want to check this out, make sure you have R1 selected and go through the Guitar Group, scroll through the sounds until you see the Digital Effect button light up. Now go to R2 and add that same sound. Did the Digital Effect button light come on?

Note 2: To check what Digital Effect is being applied in R1. Go to Sound Edit and choose Effect and view page two. Do the same with R2. In my case R1 and R2 have different views on page two, as if the Multi Effect button is on in R2, but it's OFF, in both R1 and R2.

I hope I get a lot of folks responding to this so I can either have a sigh of relief if this is by design or grief if it isn't.

Thanks in advanced.

Anthony

[This message has been edited by AnthonyCian (edited 06-04-2005).]