SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#350105 - 09/01/12 01:25 AM KN7 and Computers
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi,
Question (1) Does anyone have the CD-ROM disc for the KN7? (As I bought second-hand it was not included) and if so, would it be available to me.
Question (2) Is this what I need to connect to my computer to save all my data? I am advised that this is what is required along with the A/B cable.
Question (3) Can it be sent via the Net if available?
If I am on the wrong track, I would appreciate any advice on this matter.
Ray dance

#350108 - 09/01/12 01:47 AM Re: KN7 and Computers [Re: The Saint]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi Ray Data in your KN7000 comes in two forms
a) That which is part of the operating system and built in sounds and rhythms for which there is an initial data disc.
b) The material you have produced and saved on your SD Card which can be simply saved (probably the wrong word) on the software called KN7000 SD Explorer.
The Cd ROM has a different purpose completely - which someone else can probably explain better than me.

#350110 - 09/01/12 02:52 AM Re: KN7 and Computers [Re: The Saint]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Ray,
I assume you are referring to the CD called 'Applications and Drivers'..... which contains the USB drivers for your PC, together with the Panasonic Digital Recorder and the Song Manager program, which allows you to transfer KN7000 files to/from your PC.
The content of the CD is available for download on my website : Tech tips page : http://www.willumspages.co.uk/page10.html Tip Number 15. You need to download the ZIP file, unzip it and then burn the files to a CD. The full installation instructions are also available for Windows XP / Windows 98SE - Tips 1 or 2.

However, a word of warning - the software does not appear to work on Windows Vista or Windows 7 frown

#350134 - 09/01/12 09:38 AM Re: KN7 and Computers [Re: The Saint]
casarosa Offline

Loc: Costa Calida Spain
Quite right Bill the software will not work with Windows 7 I use VMware player which is a free virtualization program designed to run multiple operating systems on a single machine. You can use VMware Player to create a new virtual machine for free.

#350135 - 09/01/12 10:43 AM Re: KN7 and Computers [Re: The Saint]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
If you are using Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate, you can download a free virtual XP OS from Microsoft that will run virtually any program designed to run on XP. (NOTE: Don’t confuse Virtual XP with XP compatibility mode as they are totally different)

You can download Virtual XP from here

Hope this helps

Bill

#350145 - 09/01/12 04:05 PM Re: KN7 and Computers [Re: The Saint]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
What is the difference between Virtual XP and XP compatibility mode Bill? I was going to suggest using the compatibility mode but maybe it wouldn't work. What about the
Windows 7 'image' facility - could that be used in conjunction with the compatibility mode?

Audrey

#350147 - 09/01/12 04:19 PM Re: KN7 and Computers [Re: The Saint]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Audrey

Virtual XP is a full version of XP Professional that runs within Windows 7. (You have 2 separate operating systems running at the same time, and both can access each other)

XP Compatibility mode tries to make Windows 7 work like XP, which in most cases works fine, but sometimes it fails, hence you need the original operating system to run the program.

Hope this helps

Bill

#350152 - 09/01/12 06:22 PM Re: KN7 and Computers [Re: The Saint]
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
I knew that all along. just testing to see if everyone is awake?????
Seriously thanks for the wake up, i knew i could trust you to have the solution. My good computer friend will nurse me through it. Thanks again.
Ray

#350192 - 09/02/12 02:45 PM Re: KN7 and Computers [Re: The Saint]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Thank you for your reply Bill. It explains why sometimes I experience problems with the compatibility mode. All I have on my PC is Windows 7 Professional and although I do have the old XP discs that came with that system, I've never used them with this latest PC. I'm guessing it wouldn't help much as XP had several updates as I recall, and for the system to work properly I would need to get the latest update on board - don't you think?

Thanks again - Audrey

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online