SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#344331 - 05/02/12 10:36 AM Modifying sequencer song
Bert Aarts Offline

Loc: Breda, The Netherlands
Maybe the experts on this forum can help me with the following:
I use to play along with sequencer songs available on the web. I then switch off R1. R2. L and APC and play my own right and left hand. Sometimes I want to change something in the sequencer song and save this setting but with some songs this is impossible and I cannot find the reason for this.
E.g., I have a song that uses panel memories for the settings. The volume of R1 is set at 110, I change this into 70 and save this in the corresponding panel memory. After that I save the song on SD. When I load again from SD the volume is back to 110 and not 70. It looks like this is not the correct way but I do not know what I am doing wrong.
Can anybody help me with this?
Bert

#344344 - 05/02/12 04:23 PM Re: Modifying sequencer song [Re: Bert Aarts]
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Bert,
Send me a copy of the song file and I'll have a look at it for you......

#344363 - 05/03/12 03:08 AM Re: Modifying sequencer song [Re: Bill Norrie]
technicsplayer Offline

If the panel memory has been saved and loaded correctly, then most probably the sequencer setup conditions are over-riding it. Do a new sequencer panel write, or do a new sequencer panel write just after the old initial conditions to save the new conditions in the sequence, or find the relevant volume command in a track in step record and erase it.

#344367 - 05/03/12 04:10 AM Re: Modifying sequencer song [Re: Bill Norrie]
Bert Aarts Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill Norrie
Hi Bert,
Send me a copy of the song file and I'll have a look at it for you......

Bill,
Thanks for your offer. I will send you the file by email because I did not succeed in adding the file to this post.
In PM1 there is a guitar fender of which I want to reduce the volume. I like to know why this cannot be done by just changing volume, save to PM and save to SD.
Bert

#344368 - 05/03/12 04:23 AM Re: Modifying sequencer song [Re: Bert Aarts]
Bill Norrie Offline

OK Bert - Just received the file - I'll have a look at it this afternoon and get back to you............

#344380 - 05/03/12 07:34 AM Re: Modifying sequencer song [Re: Bill Norrie]
Bill Norrie Offline

Hi Bert,

Do the following steps to cure the problem :

1. Load the file and exit from Sequencer page to Home Page
2. Set the required Volume for Right1 (Fender) - Say about 80
3. Save to Panel Memory 1 as normal
4. Press Program Menus > Sequencer > Panel Write > OK > Exit x 2
5. Save the file back to SD Card / Disk as normal.

It looks like your original file had the higher Volume level stored within the 'Sequencer Reset' data, so after loading the file, or pressing the 'Sequencer Reset' button, the Right1 Volume was being reset to it's original higher value, by the 'Sequencer Reset' data, even though you had stored the new setting in Panel Memory. When a file which contains a sequence, is loaded from SD Card or disk, the 'Sequencer Reset' data function is accessed by default, and the KN7000 Panel set-up adjusted to reflect the data which was present, when the file was originally saved.

There was no Volume setting information at the start of the Right1 track, so it was the 'Panel Write'/'Sequencer Reset' data which was causing your 'problem'.

Before you save a sequencer file to SD Card or Disk, it is always best to save the KN7000 Panel set-up immediately before saving to Card or Disk. Make sure everything on the Panel is set up as you wish it to be, when you re-load the file, then from the Home screen, follow step 4 in the procedure above.

There are some other solutions to your particular problem, but the one described above is probably the simplest method....

#344386 - 05/03/12 10:40 AM Re: Modifying sequencer song [Re: Bert Aarts]
Bert Aarts Offline

Thanks a lot Bill. I followed your procedure and it works. Your explanation makes me understand it.
Also thanks to Technics Player who advised in the same direction.
It looks like there is still a lot to learn about KN7. It is good to have such experts on this forum.
Bert

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online