Our long time friend and Technics Forum member Art Jacobs has passed away from another stroke.

Hi Technics Forum Members,
I am sure many of you will remember Art Jacobs in Michigan. He was a Technics Keyboard player and a member of our original 20 for 1 Email list that we used until we got this Technics forum to use here in the Synthzone.
Carolyn who is a friend and neighbor of Art and his wife Katy there in Michigan has kept me in touch with them in these last years.
Art passed away a couple of days ago from a second stroke and the funeral is Sunday. You can scroll down and see what I wrote for his funeral.
Please feel free to post here your message to Katy his wife and I will copy and pass it on to Carolyn to share with her.
Best regards to all,
Bebop Bill Forrest

Thank you Carolyn,
I would come to the funeral if I was closer however………………..
This is what I would say if I was to be there:

Hello to Katy, Art’s family and friends that are gathered here today to honor him.

Hello to Art also up there watching over these proceedings and guiding me as I write this for him.

I am saddened by his passing even though I never met the man. But………I did know the man and I found him to be a remarkable fellow.

Art and I became friends about 11 years ago when he found out I was starting a forum and a music exchange for Technics keyboard musicians. He wrote me and advised me that he had a Technics keyboard and would like to participate.

We all exchanged our news and songs we recorded by email in those early days until I was able to get a Forum set up for us in the Synthzone called the Technics Forum. Art became an active member of our group and shared several of his recordings with our group. He and I used to email back and forth quite a lot, exchanging music, news, and even pictures. I got to know Art and Katy through the 20 for 1 music program I developed for us. You send in to me, one of your songs and you got back 20 songs by 20 other members. This was done once a month and was free for all. Art was an enthusiastic supporter and sent in his song ever month. I still have his songs zipped up in my archives.

I lost contact with Art as he wasn’t able to contribute any more after having his first stroke.

One day out of the blue I got an email from a lady named Carolyn Burkholder, She advised me that she was a friend of Art and Katy, that she had heard him play some of my recorded music in his keyboard and wanted to be on my email list where she has been every since. She has kept me in touch with Art and Katy’s news from that time to now. I have sent them messages and songs through Carolyn during this time.

It is a sad day indeed when you loose a loved one. I am sure Art was loved by everyone that knew him. He seemed to me to be just that kind of a guy. I am not far from his age, so I know we will be meeting up again in the not too distant future and have some great jam sessions up there.
I offer you all my condolences and pray that God will use your tears to heal your grief.

God Bless each and every one of you.

Bebop Bill Forrest, San Jose, CA.