SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#333400 - 11/14/11 06:32 PM Technics Audio Recorder and Windows 7 incompatible
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
I am a longtime user of the Technics KN 7000 and had a former computer with Windows XP as the operating system. Never had any trouble recording from the keyboard to the computer. But now I have a different computer with Windows 7. I have managed to download the Audio Recorder that accompanies the Technics keyboard, but when I try to record, the program is apparently incompatible with this new operating system. As I record, the Recorder shows that the sound is entering but on playback, there is nothing but noise and clicking sounds.

Does anyone know how to make the Audio Recorder compatible with Windows 7 (short of finding another older computer with XP installed) or know of an alternative program to record from the 7000 to the computer in either mp3 or WAV form?

Thanks for any assistance or suggestions.

Best wishes to all my musical colleagues here.

Ted Rose

#333409 - 11/15/11 01:26 AM Re: Technics Audio Recorder and Windows 7 incompatible [Re: Ted Rose]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
I use Polderbits - very simple to use and good quality recording. A lot of folk use Audacity which is free...

#333473 - 11/16/11 10:13 AM Re: Technics Audio Recorder and Windows 7 incompatible [Re: Ted Rose]
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Ted,
check out freecorder as it will do what you need with windows 7.
go here to read the reviews.
http://download.cnet.com/Freecorder/3000-2071_4-75286115.html
It is a free download too smile
thanks to Alfred Borg for putting me onto this.
Alfred tells me it will save songs to MP3 and WMA taken out of video power point presentations.
Bebop

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online