#331564 - 09/13/11 06:42 PM MR.Brian kn7000
hbinfo2001 Offline

Loc: Quebec Canada
Hi,I just listen to Brian and he is very check
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb3B5NZ6c-c&feature=related

#331576 - 09/14/11 08:11 AM Re: MR.Brian kn7000 [Re: hbinfo2001]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I enjoyed listening to Brian’s music but I am not sure what the keyboard above the Kn7000 is doing. I would like to suggest to those who are interested my thoughts on adding a second keyboard.

1-A controller keyboard; no sound of its own, it sends a message through a midi wire to a second keyboard.

2-You will not need to use the buttons on a controller while playing – the controller keyboard is set to send it’s single on channel 5 (Through midi) at the beginning. Some controller keyboards will allow you to set a default so that whenever you put the keyboard on it automatically goes to channel 5.

3-Since the Kn7000 is receiving a single through channel 5 the Kn7000 must be set to the same channel, #5.

4-Panel Memory in either mode must be used.

5-You set Rt1 sound, Rt2 sound (Right 1 and right 2 both in the right hand) Then set the left hand sound. If you are using a third sound for the harmony set that also. Save this in one of your Panel memories.

6-Select Program Menus – Right side of keyboard / Select Sound / Select Setting.

7-Use the Part Select button on the left side to go to Part 5. Here is where you can select a sound that will compliment the set up you have saved in the Panel Memories.
Keep in mind that the instrument in part 5 (Track 5) can be changed easily by pressing another Panel Memory you previously save with this method.

You now have a second keyboard ready to play a 3rd quality Technics sound.

When I added a Synthesizer, Yamaha or Roland the sounds were good but they did not match with the sounds of the Kn7000. This is not to say that they were bad or good, they just had a different quality.
Using a Controller keyboard eliminates this issue. And it keeps it all Technics sounds which sound great together.

Hope this helps, John C.

#331593 - 09/15/11 01:23 AM Re: MR.Brian kn7000 [Re: hbinfo2001]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Backing vocals means that this chap is playing to pre-recorded material such as an MP3 which may or may not be loaded into the keyboard...so sadly you wonder how much is he actually playing...very good rendition though.

#331601 - 09/15/11 10:18 AM Re: MR.Brian kn7000 [Re: hbinfo2001]
hbinfo2001 Offline

Loc: Quebec Canada
He has a KN7000 and a Tyros2
He play with pianist mode
I was thinking maybe he play with a midi file or a sequencer with vovals

#331613 - 09/15/11 02:52 PM Re: MR.Brian kn7000 [Re: hbinfo2001]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
If you follow his hands he certainly looks like he is playing at least the melody line, and in a couple of parts he looks to be playing melody/counter melody with both hands ... if not he is very good at 'finger - synching' ... smile ...
as for the background vocals, at the end of the video he gives acknowledgement to two female singers ... so perhaps he was playing to a midi with live background singers off to the side ... he does look off to his right on occasion ...
On the flip side, once I see a lap-top nearby, I ALWAYS wonder how much is actually being played ... but then I am sure people wonder the same thing about me when playing my kn6000 ... smile ...

#331621 - 09/16/11 03:39 AM Re: MR.Brian kn7000 [Re: hbinfo2001]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
S'right Tony - with the KN7000 you can load and play MP3 files (audio files) and play along with them accompanying the backing. Whereas no midi file I've ever come across has backing vocals where you can actually hear words being sung.
He lives in my country - U.K. - so I may well get in touch with him when I've got a bit more time.
Rog

#331622 - 09/16/11 05:32 AM Re: MR.Brian kn7000 [Re: hbinfo2001]
mordicus Offline

Loc: Montreal
Take a look at 'Love letters in the sand' on the same channel and you'll see him looking at his laptop waiting for it to begin the MIDI or MP3 file. Take a look also at the right hand fingering on the KN7000. . . Sometimes it doesn't correspond with the notes being played especially when there is some glissendo on them. I don't see him using the pitch bend wheel.

The upper keyboard playing looks real though.

#331670 - 09/18/11 08:18 AM Re: MR.Brian kn7000 [Re: mordicus]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
IMO played OK, but very 'robotic'. You don't have to play a song exactly how it's written. In fact it's more entertaining if you add your own little touch. Not entirely his fault, using a backing track makes this more difficult, as you need to follow, rather than lead. Using an MP3 backing is 'set in stone', and you have very little options, like adding or holding right hand notes, variations, fill-in's, etc.

Also he needs to vary the right hand sound. To use just one voice throughout an entire song makes it rather boring.

Good playing, just 'improvise' a bit, add some variations and voices and it becomes a much better performance.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#331729 - 09/20/11 06:25 AM Re: MR.Brian kn7000 [Re: hbinfo2001]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
I think he did a good job. Don't know how long he has been playing that one piece, but it's harder to read and play two keyboards than read and play one in my opinion. smile

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online