SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#329852 - 08/01/11 05:49 AM Its 'Goodbye' from me (and from him, too !!).
Tony Deaf Offline

Loc: Staffordshire, England

Hello Kind Technics Forumeers,

Sadly, we am moving onwards and reverting back to Yamaha keyboards.

Therein lies a tale of woe! My wife (Sunny) does not have the full use of her memory lately, and amongst other problems is unable to retain the 'moves' and procedures required to do more than just play our KN7000, which she was doing well - but wanted to use the arranger side. Every day she would be more upset and frustrated, and I had to do something quickly. Just a part of growing old, and fraying at the edges for both of us!!

Prior to our excursion to Technics, we had always had Yamaha Organs and Keyboards - for me, going back to an FX 20 Organ I bought over 25 years ago. Sunny had been playing and using Yamaha Keyboards for about 11 years up until a year ago when we switched to Technics. We decided that as she was familiar, and at ease with the Yamaha OS up until 18 months ago, she may well remember it - so we sold our KN7000 on a part exchange deal for a new Yamaha PSR S910.

Sadly the KN7000 is now another on its way to Indonesia !! There will soon be none left in UK !!

I am pleased to say that the exercise worked, and she is now writing her own music again, and using all the facilities that an arranger keyboard has.

We will also be maintaining contact with several friends we made during our time here, and will continue to post on Synthzone, as well as maintain our thriving Technics Resources Forum - now with over 160 members.
!!

Thanks to all for the help and good company .....

Kindest regards,

Sunny and John

Edited by Tony Deaf (08/01/11 05:52 AM)

#329895 - 08/02/11 03:23 AM Re: Its 'Goodbye' from me (and from him, too !!). [Re: Tony Deaf]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Sunny and Tony, I owned and played Yamaha keyboards from the Psr2100 to the Tyros 3 and I have owned every Technics keyboard from the Kn1000 to the Kn7000 I am surprised that Sunny has found the Yamaha keyboards friendlier to work with/understand. To my understanding there is no friendlier keyboard than the Kn7000. (My opinion)

John C.

If anyone wants a real challenge you must try a Korg keyboard, a Pa800 or above. Fantastic but not for everyone.

#329935 - 08/03/11 04:57 AM Re: Its 'Goodbye' from me (and from him, too !!). [Re: bruno123]
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi Sunny and John (Tony), You have to do what's best for you in this world and no doubt you have done just that.
Good luck in your Yamaha world.
Ray

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online