SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#315283 - 02/05/11 12:22 AM TC Hellicon Voicelive2
Sandgroper Offline

Loc: Busselton, Western Australia
Hi People
Is anyone using, or have heard anyone using the above vocal processor with the KN7000. The specs read imprssively, I just wonder how hard it would be to set it up?
Interested to hear of any experience with this combination.

Regards

Eddie

#315285 - 02/05/11 02:21 AM Re: TC Hellicon Voicelive2 [Re: Sandgroper]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Eddie,
I used a vocal processor with my Kn7000 for many years. The midi channel must be the same for both the keyboard and the vocal processor. I set my Kn 7000 to transmit on channel 5 -- The chords of my left hand triggered the vocal harmony. (Midi channel 5) Some used the right hand to send messages; I found that the keyboard was sending too many conflicting notes to the vocal processor, but it still was effective. The processor had many other options but I found the harmonies to be best using left hand triggering. The secret is to use the vocal processor sparingly, if not it will sound very artificial – they are not real voices.

I purchased a TC Helicon touch Live, it arrived today. I bought it from Guitar Center, $499.95 less a $100 coupon. I researched the unit for three months. I can easily work the unit on the fly and it is able to record and playback in a loop.

I will post more about the unit as I learn, John C.

#315797 - 02/08/11 12:10 PM Re: TC Hellicon Voicelive2 [Re: Sandgroper]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
John
I bought one about six weeks ago. It sure is better than my previous ones. I am learning too and haven't gotten into the looping they rave about.
One thing at a time.
Bernie

#315864 - 02/09/11 12:25 AM Re: TC Hellicon Voicelive2 [Re: Bernie9]
HarryG Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi Eddie,

for 15 years, I also use a vocalist and am very satisfied. I currently have the TC Helicon Harmony M
I send you an example. Look in your mail.

#315896 - 02/09/11 08:27 AM Re: TC Hellicon Voicelive2 [Re: HarryG]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
When I purchased a TC Helicon GT I learned the unit would only work with a Guitar. I am not talking about using scales for harmony.
There is a TC Helicon, I think it is “M” and you are able to connect a Midi wire from your keyboard to the unit which will control the notes in your harmony. (Voice)

Since I play keyboard and guitar I decided to return the “M” model and buy a TC Helicon touch live -- which gave me the ability to use Guitar or keyboard. It was additional $250 but I received a discount of $100 at Guitar Center bringing my cost to $400 a difference of $150 -- well worth the difference. (for me)
For the difference in price I have a unit that can record Loops to go along with my voice, a Touch screen and some areas which made the unit a keeper. (For me, I hate to say, “I should have”)

John C.

#315943 - 02/09/11 03:51 PM Re: TC Hellicon Voicelive2 [Re: Sandgroper]
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
JOHN C.... Have you checked your email lately??

#317426 - 02/22/11 08:12 PM Re: TC Hellicon Voicelive2 [Re: Sandgroper]
Sandgroper Offline

Loc: Busselton, Western Australia
Thanks for the replies to my query.

Sorry not to have responded sooner, but I only got back from a trip to New Zealand 48 hours ago, been there for a couple of weeks, and was horrified to see the TV coverage of the carnage in Christchurch. Mel & I were there only 4 days before the latest quake. Those poor people, they had done a mighty job of cleaning up from the big quake last year, but a lot of scars were still visible. Now the destruction to already weakened buildings is horrific. Buildings that we walked thru, only days before destroyed. Sobering thought.
Eddie
Originally Posted By: Sandgroper
Hi People
Is anyone using, or have heard anyone using the above vocal processor with the KN7000. The specs read imprssively, I just wonder how hard it would be to set it up?
Interested to hear of any experience with this combination.

Regards

Eddie

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online