SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#70766 - 11/10/10 05:23 AM Trojan Virus Called " TANGO "
John Barr Offline

Loc: Colchester,Essex,England
Hi, A few days ago I tried to download a melody using P2P, what I got was this Trojan called TANGO, I first tried ADD/REMOVE then WINDOWS DEFENDER next AD-AWARE next SPYBOT, nothing worked, Tango is still showing in my ADD/Remove List, can anyone please guide me in the right direction. Thank You.
Johnny B

#70767 - 11/10/10 12:26 PM Re: Trojan Virus Called " TANGO "
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
MalwareBytes has removed every trojan I have ever picked up. It is a free download on the web
bebop

#70768 - 11/10/10 01:15 PM Re: Trojan Virus Called " TANGO "
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Johnny, check this web page for info on Tango. It's pretty old. Computer Associates gives several options for protection.
http://www.ca.com/securityadvisor/pest/pest-details.aspx?id=453060603#tools

#70769 - 11/14/10 02:42 PM Re: Trojan Virus Called " TANGO "
John Barr Offline

Loc: Colchester,Essex,England
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
MalwareBytes has removed every trojan I have ever picked up. It is a free download on the web
bebop

Thanks Bepop and Bob Hendershot, neither of the programs would get rid of this damned TANGO, though I will use Malwarebytes in future instead of Ad-Aware, unfortunately I had another stroke a couple of weeks ago and it has badly effected my eyesight and what little memory I still had, so I doubt if I will be doing much more computing, not to worry I have enjoyed all my years on the Zone, and have made a lot of very good friends, Thank Youu All. Johnny B

#70770 - 11/15/10 02:02 PM Re: Trojan Virus Called " TANGO "
katrina Offline

Loc: Colchester, UK
No, you don't know me, but I would like to wish you good luck! - with everything - and God Bless. Hope things pick up for you.

#70771 - 11/15/10 08:19 PM Re: Trojan Virus Called " TANGO "
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi Johnny, My thoughts exactly. Hang in there.
A friend of mine said recently during a tough time "I can see the sunlight and I have enouigh money in my pocket for a drink, so things aren't all that bad!!!
Ray

------------------
Ray The Saint

#70772 - 11/16/10 03:33 AM Re: Trojan Virus Called " TANGO "
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi Johnnie - So very very sorry to hear your news about the stroke. I spoke to you a few weeks ago and you were very down in spirits then before this happened. I know your health has been very poor for some time.

You are and have been a very good friend to me and helped me out tremendously in the early days of my acquiring my Music Pad Pro and that was so appreciated. You and Doreen are in my thoughts - take care, good friend - Joan

#70773 - 11/17/10 12:59 AM Re: Trojan Virus Called " TANGO "
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Take care Johnnie - Rog

#70774 - 11/20/10 01:21 AM Re: Trojan Virus Called " TANGO "
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
KeyboardCapers provides the following thought re Trojan Virus:
'Remember the attachment I had when I downloaded! It wouldnt let me remove, so I did a restore and got rid. Maybe it'll work for him eh...

So the message for John Barr suggests that he does a restore from the date he downloaded and that should get rid of the Trojan. Ta Keyboardcapers.'

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online