SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#70645 - 10/13/10 01:21 AM PR 804 digital Piano
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi folks , I would welcome any advice / opinions /Experience on the above Technics keyboard .

Some of you may know that I've been having lessons on the Kn7000 keyboard for a couple of years (it's not been easy for this old squeeze box player to learn the left hand side of the keyboard ..but I'm making progress slow but sure !
I saw a techics pr804 for sale and just thought that a full size keyboard and with weighted keys would help me to progress further .it also sound very good !!
I only want it for home use .
plus the operating system is like the Kn7000 although Kn7000 software can not be read by the Pr 804 ,is this true ??

I would sincerely appreciate any advice .

best regards ....giovanni

#70646 - 10/13/10 02:34 AM Re: PR 804 digital Piano
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
My first thought Giovanni is - how many black and white ivories do you need...?
The KN7000 operates by holding down the appropriate chords with the left hand whilst playing the melody line with the right hand...
Yes it's another instrument but so what...and it doesn't accept KN7000 styles

#70647 - 10/13/10 04:11 PM Re: PR 804 digital Piano
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
If I remember correctly the PR804 is the same size as a piano and that is exactly what it is - basically a piano with the addition of styles and patterns.

When it first came out a friend of a friend asked me to go to his house to help him become familiar with all the lovely features it has. Whilst it is a great instrument with 88 keys (ideal for piano players), to me it was a larger version of the KN7000, so if you don't intend to play it as a piano utilising the extra keys, I see no point in you buying it, unless you have a special place in your sitting room because of course, pianos and organs do usually take pride of place in a sitting room don't they? Be aware though, it doesn't have the lovely shiny finish to the cabinet as my PR900 piano does, nevertheless, it is still a fine looking instrument.

Hope this helps.

Audrey

[This message has been edited by Audrey Turner (edited 10-13-2010).]

#70648 - 10/13/10 05:23 PM Re: PR 804 digital Piano
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Hi Giovanni,
My PR903 sits alongside my KN7 and I enjoy changing stools regularly. I never have a problem adjusting to either.
If you enjoy true full piano sounds with great amplification and the bells and whistles too, I would not hesitate to buy it. I am sure you will love the experience and the different sound, its only money!!
I still only play left hand chords same as keyboards, but I also like playing written left hand when playing ad-lib (no drums).
See Ya !!!

------------------
Ray The Saint

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online