SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#69511 - 11/22/09 05:51 AM Playing with Feeling -- Hector Olivera
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Hector Olivera on the organ, the best of the best.

I have seen this man play many different organs and he has always been fantastic. When his hands are in the air and you wonder what is playing it is his feet. Wow

When Organs were popular I saw Hector Olivera in concert in Orlando. About 7 manufactures were there demonstrating their products, I so miss that. Hector Olivera played a top-of-the-line Yamaha. The selection was a well know classical piece. When he was done he jump over his seat – There were about 500 people in the room – everyone and I mean everyone stood and applauded well over 15 minutes.

Roger spoke of feeling being important, please listen to this man play with feeling. At different parts his melody is played just a bit late to create a tender feeling. I could listen to him and never tire.

John C.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb9K3dz43T0

#69512 - 11/22/09 07:12 AM Re: Playing with Feeling -- Hector Olivera
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
Hector Olivera appeared in Carlsbad, NM about 3 years ago. He played the Roland Atelier he designed for Roland.

I sat in the front row of the auditorium and was the first one on stage when he offered to talk with those who wanted to come up on stage during the intermission.

He is indeed an awesome player and a very cordial individual I too could listen to endlessly, and I do!

Elizabeth

------------------

#69513 - 11/30/09 09:52 PM Re: Playing with Feeling -- Hector Olivera
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi John

I have worked with Hector a number of times when I was in the home organ business. Great player..

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online