SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#68714 - 06/19/09 08:38 AM How do use the Sound Memory in your 7K?
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
This may or may not be my final question along these lines...

For me the Sound Memory is very useful... That is where I tweak and store the sounds I most enjoy. Depending on the tempo of any piece I am playing, I can go there to change my two lead instruments "on the fly."

Frequently I make changes in many of my favorite sounds....

Your turn to share....

Elizabeth

------------------

#68715 - 06/20/09 07:42 AM Re: How do use the Sound Memory in your 7K?
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Good question Elizabeth, Since we all differently there is a need to store edit the instrument with your feeling and then store it.

I created 6 different trumpet in Sound memory because the trumpets are different types of music. Latin trumpet is not the same as a mellow jazz trumpet. Trumpets and violins are my favorite – and yes the old standby piano.

My sound memory is always under construction. Feelings are always changing especially when you step up to a newer model. For all you KN7 owners that is over, but not for me I’m back on a KN5. (Grin)

There one major problem --- The sound memory must be saved because most every sequence or panel loads have their own created sound memory. The good news is that you have a good source of sound created by some else.

John C.

#68716 - 06/20/09 08:12 AM Re: How do use the Sound Memory in your 7K?
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
JOHN C...

That we all use the programs in our machines in a variety of ways, and I am very curious, is the reason I have posted these 3 questions....

I appologise to you for not including the older models of KN KB's.... The 5K was/is a great KB....wish I still had mine...tho am glad my daughter is enjoying it.

All of my 7K memories are always under construction... None of them has ever been set in concrete...always in very loose jello!

In your comments here "the sound memory must be saved because most every sequence or panel loads have their own created sound memory. The good news is that you have a good source of sound created by some[one] else."
Are you downloading from discs made by others, midi files, whatever else is possible to import to your 5K?

BTW...I always say "Yes" to save every option, especially ALL PM's rather than just the ABC PM's.
Once in awhile I either forget to save my changes entirely or just forget to change the "3" to "ALL" before saving!!! I get very disappointed in myself, especially when I have made a lot of changes!

Having the use of the SD card is so great as there is so much room to start new folders. I do that often as well...

How about the rest of you KN players? Will you share how you use your AWESOME Technics KN machines?

------------------

#68717 - 06/20/09 11:24 AM Re: How do use the Sound Memory in your 7K?
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
[Elizabeth,
Anything that is giving to me that was created by another party may or may not have an instrument sound in the sound memory that I might like. And you can load a single instrument you do not have top load the whole bank.

A nightmare;
I worked on my KN7000 for aprox. 6 hours – creating 13 memory banks that I felt were great. I made a bo bo and saved 3banks instead of ALL. I lost 6 hours

#68718 - 06/20/09 11:53 AM Re: How do use the Sound Memory in your 7K?
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
I have never had a desire to edit sounds to try to improve on the sounds already in the KN7000. There is an occasional need to move the sound up or down an octave with sound edit and save that to the custom sound memory.

But, I sometimes find an exceptional sound that someone else has created. The guys at Technote created some great sounds that were included with their style disks. So, I created a SD card location that only contains favorite sounds that I have found. The process of moving a single sound at a time to a memory location needs the use of the Single Sound Load option on page 3 of the Load menu. Many people are unaware of this option. It is described on page 141 of the KN7000 manual. Many years ago I put an article about this process on the old KN5000 web site. It is still available at http://www.home.no/gunnar-jonny/bobs/Single_Sound.htm and is still applicable to the later keyboards although the display is different. I don’t know how much longer that web page will be active.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online