SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#68023 - 01/16/09 06:30 AM Audio Problem Fixed with Firmware Update
Glen Coyne Offline

Loc: West London, UK
Just thought I would pass on some good news reference my SD card audio problem. I have created a new topic so it stands out and may be of help to others.

Even using a 1 GB (Sandisk) SD-Card I could not put more than 3 CD's worth of audio files onto a card without the KN7000 displaying an 'Error 83' message. I have just upgraded the firmware from 1.3 to 1.6 and its fixed the problem, I have just copied 8 backing tracks CD's to the SD Card and it plays fine without any nasty error messages. Also a friend gave me a copy of SD Jukebox version 5 he no longer uses and that works fine on the KN7000 and it no longer has a limit on the number of checkouts per song unlike version 2.4

Hope the above is useful

Glen

#68024 - 01/16/09 04:37 PM Re: Audio Problem Fixed with Firmware Update
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Glen,

Thank you for letting us know how you dealt with the CD/SD problem. It is indeed of interest to me and I am sure many others, as the updates I spoke about in my posting probably covered this problem and I wasn't aware of it. The KN7 never fails to amaze me, I seem to learn something new about it everyday.

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know your good result. Happy playing.

Audrey

#68025 - 01/17/09 02:33 AM Re: Audio Problem Fixed with Firmware Update
Glen Coyne Offline

Hi Audrey

I recieved four 1.6 update discs, two are 'program' discs which are loaded first then two 'table' discs are loaded.

I'm going through a period of intense study of the KN7000 at the moment reading as much as possible and I'm finding menu options I've never seem before !! Your right this keyboard is amazing.

Regards

Glen

#68026 - 01/17/09 09:14 AM Re: Audio Problem Fixed with Firmware Update
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hey Glen
As you are relatively speaking only just up the road (M4) from our Keyboard Capers Club in Swindon you must visit us one tuesday for a massive learning input...
We meet fortnightly - next one tuesday evening 20th January starting 7.30pm and I'll give you directions if interested.
Rog

#68027 - 01/17/09 11:30 AM Re: Audio Problem Fixed with Firmware Update
Glen Coyne Offline

Rog

Thanks for the invitation, if you could let me have the details via my email address I would love to pop along one evening.

Glen

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online