SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#67909 - 12/21/08 02:20 PM Help Convert Yamaha Rhythms to KN7000
Buddy Offline

Loc: London, UK
Please could forum members help. I got a friend to create some music accompaniments/rhythms for me. However, he doesn't own a technics keyboard. He used his Yamaha PSR740 to create the rhythms. My problem now is how to convert and use them on my KN7000.

I'll be glad if any member could help me take me through the steps to achieve this, please.

I would also be grateful if any member could help me with a copy of Style Works. I don't have the money now to invest in one.

Thanks

Buddy

#67910 - 12/22/08 01:23 AM Re: Help Convert Yamaha Rhythms to KN7000
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi folks , As some one that has owned Yamaha T2 and also a Gem XP Genesys expander module .....
I also have the EMC software package ...which is very good .

The results of converting from Yamaha to Technics or vice versa , are to say in the least very poor "sound wise" (the style structure is all there, but the styles will require a lot and i mean a lot of time to make them sound to the standard suitable for performing in public ) some people use the expression tweaking !!!

I took up the issue with EMC software and they say that it because of the system used by Yamaha !! GEM !!

I've converted from other makes with good results ...

I was so disappointed with the results from the Yamaha and GEM that i ended up selling the instruments !!

This is only my opinion and experience !!

Good luck in your quest !!

Regards to you all ....Giovanni

#67911 - 12/22/08 07:58 AM Re: Help Convert Yamaha Rhythms to KN7000
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Buddy:
....My problem now is how to convert and use them on my KN7000.

I'll be glad if any member could help me take me through the steps to achieve this, please.

I would also be grateful if any member could help me with a copy of Style Works. I don't have the money now to invest in one.....

Well, would'nt we all be happy if we could get free copies of the software we like to have?
But that's not the way it works, some people try to make a living by develope and create
programs like EMC and others, and also it's copyrighted material.

Is'nt there a convertdiskette that follow the KN7000 package, if you miss that one, maybe
ask some of the KN7 owners if they have a copy for you?
If I remember it correctly, the convertdisk was updated to handle Yamaha, but I might as
well be wrong.
Btw, that "Technics convert disk" is also developed by EMC.

If you can't get any copy, pass the Yamaha style and I'll see if EMC read it and convert for
you, but as already said in this tread, prepare for some tweaking to make it sound like the
original file.

Happy Playing
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online