SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#67424 - 08/08/08 08:36 AM Save on diskette - KN-6500
Isabelle Offline

Loc: Gatineau Québec Canada
Hello,

I found this board a few days ago and I think it will be very useful to me since I am a newbie both with playing the keyboard and making karaoke songs with GNMidi that I bought after reading about it in here.

I have a question (one of many to come I'm sure!). I play with the one fingered chord. I was able to record a song that I played, along with the acc and chords. I can play it by pressing PLAY on the keyboard but when I try to save it to the diskette all I get is one note each time I change chords and the melody played without chords or acc (I write "acc" because I don't know how to say it in English)

Can you help me with this please?

Thank you.

------------------
Isabelle

#67425 - 08/10/08 09:46 AM Re: Save on diskette - KN-6500
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
OK - I'll start this one off.
When you save to disk look at page 2 before clicking on save to see how much or how little you are actually asking the system to save...
Rog

#67426 - 08/10/08 11:05 AM Re: Save on diskette - KN-6500
Isabelle Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RMepstead:
OK - I'll start this one off.
When you save to disk look at page 2 before clicking on save to see how much or how little you are actually asking the system to save...
Rog

Thank you but page 2 of what?

------------------
Isabelle

#67427 - 08/10/08 04:06 PM Re: Save on diskette - KN-6500
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
WELL, ROG?!!! (smiles) (more smiles)

#67428 - 08/10/08 09:05 PM Re: Save on diskette - KN-6500
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
The simplest way to record everything is to make sure the keyboard is in the EXPAND mode before recording.

Hope this helps and have fun!

Audrey

#67429 - 08/10/08 09:08 PM Re: Save on diskette - KN-6500
Isabelle Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Turner:
The simplest way to record everything is to make sure the keyboard is in the EXPAND mode before recording.

Hope this helps and have fun!

Audrey

I have a KN-6000 that has been upgraded to 6500. I just bought it a few weeks ago. I am French speaking and the only manual I have is in English. Would you mind telling me how I put it in Expand mode please?

Thank you.

#67430 - 08/11/08 01:07 AM Re: Save on diskette - KN-6500
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Many of the screens you see before you on your keyboard have 2nd and 3rd even 4th pages - I don't know why they call them pages but they do - you move to other pages of a particular screen by clicking on the page button underneath the screen.
Can I suggest you spend some time clicking on all the buttons one after the other to see what happens when you do; and then write down in french in a notebook what you have discovered.
By the way you will not do your keyboard any harm by playing around like this - just switch off at the end of the session.
If during the session you wish to revert to a previous screen then press the button marked exit.
Good learning and see you in 2 weeks time..chuckle...
Rog
Bonjour Monsieur KitKat

#67431 - 08/11/08 01:36 AM Re: Save on diskette - KN-6500
casarosa Offline

Loc: Costa Calida Spain
I am assuming that you have pressed the help button to select your desired language therefore by pressing a button an explanation of the button function is shown in the display

#67432 - 08/11/08 08:28 AM Re: Save on diskette - KN-6500
Isabelle Offline

I have pushed all the available buttons. I still can't find a way to record everything in my song. All I get is notes here and there with a static chord. Yerk. ;o(

When I load the diskette in the drive I get a menu. There aren't more pages. When I choose SAVE I get to select the song I want to save on diskette (I choose the song I just recorded with everything: chords, rythm, and melody) then I get to choose what format I want to save it into. I choose SMF then GM2. When I click on OK all I get is what I told you before.

I have pushed the Help button and selected French as the language. But it doesn't tell me how to record everything in a song to a diskette. It used to work on my old keyboard I think that was KN3000 or something like that... 15 years ago. I was able to record complete songs with it but I think they were in Technics Format. I want SMF because I would love to create karaoke songs (mid) with GNMidi. I can't do that if I can't record the songs the way they will be sung.

Right now I have a feeling I bought (registered) GNMidi for nothing and I might as well just play the keyboard and not use all it's features which is disappointing considering the price I paid for it and it being 6 years old. I am almost at my wit's end.

------------------
Isabelle

#67433 - 08/11/08 11:32 AM Re: Save on diskette - KN-6500
casarosa Offline

Loc: Costa Calida Spain
Sorry that could not help have never used the SMF feature only ever saved my songs to disk using the Technics Format hopefully someone will have the answer for you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online