SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#67192 - 06/11/08 04:54 AM Problem
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
I downloaded some of Larry Gosmeyer's registrations onto a 2GB SD Card and checked to see if they were recorded to it, when I put the card in my KN7000, and pressed the load button, nothing showed up. Anyone got any ideas what went wrong? Derek

#67193 - 06/11/08 09:25 AM Re: Problem
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Yup - 2Gig - KN7000 no likey...

#67194 - 06/11/08 01:28 PM Re: Problem
casarosa Offline

Loc: Costa Calida Spain
I have 4 of these 1gb Kingston Micro SD cards you are supposed to be able to use them as a normal SD card so it states on the packet However when I downloaded some Technics Styles on to the card then tried to load an Error 82 appeared on screen "There is no SD in the SD drive, the standard SD card works fine all dats loads no problems but these Micro one´s will not even allow you the data screen to format the card using the KN

#67195 - 06/11/08 05:52 PM Re: Problem
kitkat Offline

Loc: United States
I was getting ready to ask that I was unaware of a 2GB card working in the KN7000 when RMepstead answered it. I wonder why 2GB cards are problematic for the keyboard - anyone know why? The last time I bought a 1GB card, the guy at Staples looked at me funny and said, "Gee, only one gigabyte, why not two? We have them on sale and cheaper than the one gigabyte cards."

#67196 - 06/12/08 04:50 AM Re: Problem
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
The KN7000 SD Card system is only capable of addressing up to 1 Gigabyte. Unless you intend to save hundreds of MIDI or MP3 files, I would guess that the average user would really have no need for even a 1GB card

For example : Assuming that a typical KN7000 sequenced file, or 'Performance Save' requires about 50KB of storage space, then if you fill the SD Card completely (20 files per Folder and 99 Folders) then the required storage space is : 50KB x 20 x 99 = 99MBytes - well within the capacity of even a 128Mb card
Of course, if you opt to save additional components, on Page 2 of the save dialog, then the required space will be greater, but still well within the storage space, of the 'lower' capacity SD Cards.

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#67197 - 06/12/08 07:36 AM Re: Problem
D.Munson Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
The KN7000 SD Card system is only capable of addressing up to 1 Gigabyte. Unless you intend to save hundreds of MIDI or MP3 files, I would guess that the average user would really have no need for even a 1GB card

For example : Assuming that a typical KN7000 sequenced file, or 'Performance Save' requires about 50KB of storage space, then if you fill the SD Card completely (20 files per Folder and 99 Folders) then the required storage space is : 50KB x 20 x 99 = 99MBytes - well within the capacity of even a 128Mb card
Of course, if you opt to save additional components, on Page 2 of the save dialog, then the required space will be greater, but still well within the storage space, of the 'lower' capacity SD Cards.

Hi Bill Thanks for your answer to my problem. I will transfer them to a lesser gb sd card.

#67198 - 06/12/08 04:18 PM Re: Problem
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Everyone,

I currently have 5 x 1GB SD Cards with different settings on and they all load with no problem at all. However, firstly they are all 'SANDISK' cards. I always use them as they are the most reliable in my view.

Secondly, they all contain Technics data only (no MP3s etc.)

Thirdly, they all have 99 Folders with 20 Songs/medleys in each one, this being the limit for Technics data saving.

Having said that, they also contain my own Custom Stylist saves, SD Favourite saves (used for gigs) and the normal extras such as Foot Control settings etc.,

The secret is to FORMAT IN THE KN KEYBOARD and not in the PC prior to use.

Why do I buy these 1GB Cards, because they are very cheap and are selling here for between £4.99 - £7.99 each. I also use them in my digital camera again, with no problem. A 1GB card holds approximately 1,000 pictures.

Audrey

#67199 - 06/13/08 08:56 AM Re: Problem
D.Munson Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Turner:
Hi Everyone,

I currently have 5 x 1GB SD Cards with different settings on and they all load with no problem at all. However, firstly they are all 'SANDISK' cards. I always use them as they are the most reliable in my view.

Secondly, they all contain Technics data only (no MP3s etc.)

Thirdly, they all have 99 Folders with 20 Songs/medleys in each one, this being the limit for Technics data saving.

Having said that, they also contain my own Custom Stylist saves, SD Favourite saves (used for gigs) and the normal extras such as Foot Control settings etc.,

The secret is to FORMAT IN THE KN KEYBOARD and not in the PC prior to use.

Why do I buy these 1GB Cards, because they are very cheap and are selling here for between £4.99 - £7.99 each. I also use them in my digital camera again, with no problem. A 1GB card holds approximately 1,000 pictures.

Audrey

I downloaded Larry Gosmeyer songs to a smaller SD card but could still not load them on the KN7000. I have emailed Larry with this problem and am awaiting a reply.
I have no problem with floppies.
Derek

#67200 - 06/14/08 04:13 AM Re: Problem
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi Derek
Did you unzip the winzip file that Larry's renderings are contained within, in the process of downloading them direct to an SD Card; and where did they end up on the SD Card...which folder..which song files?
Also were they the registrations or were they Larry's WMA files...?
Questions questions questions...chuckle
Rog

#67201 - 06/14/08 07:00 AM Re: Problem
D.Munson Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RMepstead:
Hi Derek
Did you unzip the winzip file that Larry's renderings are contained within, in the process of downloading them direct to an SD Card; and where did they end up on the SD Card...which folder..which song files?
Also were they the registrations or were they Larry's WMA files...?
Questions questions questions...chuckle
Rog

Rog. Thanks for your comments re the above. Yes I unzipped the registrations before loading onto the 1GB SD Card and checked to see if they were in fact on the card on my computer. Perhaps a 1GB Card is not recognised by the KN7000. Derek

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online