SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#67012 - 05/12/08 01:52 PM power cords question
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Are the AC power cords for the kn6000 and the kn1000 interchangeable?
thnx,
t.

#67013 - 05/13/08 03:37 PM Re: power cords question
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Tony,

I would think so, unless the socket is larger. I once arrived at a 'gig' to find I had left the power lead for the keyboard at home. Fortunately it was a Nursing Home and they had a Hi Fi system in the room, so I borrowed the lead from that and it worked o.k. As a precaution, I turned the keyboard's volume down to '0' before switching on and then after switching on, I gradually turned it up until I could hear the sound. I figured this might prevent a 'surge' of electricity - although I always use a 'surge protection' plug with my keyboard anyway.

It might be worth a try.

Good luck! Audrey

#67014 - 05/13/08 04:34 PM Re: power cords question
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Turner:
Hello Tony,

I would think so, unless the socket is larger. I once arrived at a 'gig' to find I had left the power lead for the keyboard at home. Fortunately it was a Nursing Home and they had a Hi Fi system in the room, so I borrowed the lead from that and it worked o.k. As a precaution, I turned the keyboard's volume down to '0' before switching on and then after switching on, I gradually turned it up until I could hear the sound. I figured this might prevent a 'surge' of electricity - although I always use a 'surge protection' plug with my keyboard anyway.
It might be worth a try.
Good luck! Audrey

Aud ... thank you . As the saying goes, "IF IT AIN'T BROKE, ...etc." ... so I won't be trying this unless it is an absolute necessity, and hopefully it will never be ...
t.

#67015 - 05/15/08 05:03 PM Re: power cords question
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Tony,

I think I've misunderstood your posting. Are you asking whether you can use the KN1000 styles & patterns on the KN6000 and vice versa? If so, I don't think this is possible as they are not compatible because of the way each is programmed.

However, I could be wrong, so perhaps you'd like to visit Bill Norrie's website which is dedicated to the Technics keyboards and has a wealth of information on it. You might find what you are looking for there. Bill's web address is:-

www.willumspages.co.uk

Hope this helps.

Audrey

[This message has been edited by Audrey Turner (edited 05-15-2008).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online