SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#66844 - 03/26/08 07:40 AM To all who frequent this forum
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I have posted this the second time because i feel it needed to stand out on it's own.

To all who frequent this Technics Forum.
The purpose for my posting is to:

1-Help people who have asked.

2-To PROMOTE dialogue giving us all a chance to precipitate in one form or another.

3-To feed the information gently bit by bit in order to allow for understanding and further possible questions.

My purpose is not just to answer one person’s question but to make it available to everyone. If are directed to another place for your answers the rest of us will lose. The personal touch and interaction from all whether by posting or reading diminishes, and so does this forum. It would be easy to e-mail information to those who ask leaving all others out. Then what have I accomplished???

I am sure that Jim’s writings on sequencing is good, knowing him it would be very good, this is not a reflection on his work. I just would like more happening here on OUR forum. It is bad enough that our future desires for a Technics keyboard has died, why allow our community here on this forum go as well. No, let me restate – Why not add more of everything to this forum, why not make it a place of interest that many more of us will visit. There were people at the Florida Jam who never thought of visiting here to receive answers to their questions.

I say this tongue in cheek – I can visit forums dealing with my new keyboard that post information about so many interesting subjects -- from the very involved to the happenings on a job they played – it’s a community.

This is one of the forums I visit daily -- I am trying to add to it. If I have stepped on any ones toes it was not to insult or put down, only to bring what I felt is important to this forum.

John C.

#66845 - 03/26/08 07:41 AM Re: To all who frequent this forum
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
At one time I was challenged about the amount of topics posted on this forum. I have taken time to make a list and my point.
I hope this is taken well, and it gives all of us incentive to participate and share on this forum -- to keep it alive and growing, it is ours.

Date and the amount of topics posted.
March 1 one
March 2 none
March 3 none
March 4 four
March 5 none
March 6 none
March 7 two
March 8 one
March 9 none
March 10 four
March 11 one
March 12 two
March 13 two
March 14 one
March 15 one
March 16 none
March 17 one
March 18 none
March 19 three
March 20 none
March 21 three
March 22 one
March 23 three
March 24 two
March 25 four
March 26 one

I feel most of us want to hear about you and your music. From the most important job you played or the very first two chords you learned, it’s all good because it is about you. POST -- SHARE

JohnC

#66846 - 03/26/08 12:04 PM Re: To all who frequent this forum
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi John
Well let me tell you about a new challenge that I've just embarked upon, which you can listen to at www.communityradioswindon.com on a monday 3.00pm to 4.00pm UK time.
I have become a live player / broadcaster about all things to do with keyboard playing on this radio station which is also streamed through the internet.
Next monday's subject is Party Pop - in which I demonstrate the sort of music that one can play which will get today's audiences up on their feet dancing.
Hardest part is both playing and then being a commentator immediately after each number whilst preparing for the next number...as you can imagine.
Has anybody else done anything like this and can offer their thoughts?
Roger M

#66847 - 03/26/08 12:30 PM Re: To all who frequent this forum
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Well, as said on another thread, a friend, Casper Eekhof, and I made a partnership: Fr&Cp Productions (speak out Fr and Ship) and we are developing a CD. The album is titled "Faith" and will contain 16 songs, 2 Dutch and the rest English. You can listen to Casper on his own site: www.heartmusic.nl/casper-frames.html; the site is Dutch, but the music ain't

As soon as it is ready I will announce it of course. Maybe I will publish some songs in low quality streaming audio on my website.

------------------

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online