SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#66508 - 02/05/08 11:03 AM KN7000 oblige technichord to remain for ever on "block"
fredyfr Offline

Loc: altea, spain
my technichord returns ALL THE TIME to "duet1". I fix it again on "block" but
as soon as I play a new tune in a different arrangement it will be back at "duet1", NEVER
on a different position. WHY COULD IT NOT GO
AND STAY FOREVER ON "block" instead of "duet1". I have asked in two other forums and received varios answers but nobody explains why it must go to duet1 and why it could not go and stay on "block".
Is this a factory setting that cannot be changed?????

#66509 - 02/05/08 01:24 PM Re: KN7000 oblige technichord to remain for ever on "block"
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello Fredy,

Two thoughts spring to my mind on this problem. Before you start, save all your settings to floppy or SD Card for safekeeping.

1) Make sure you are working in the 'EXPAND' mode as this ensures TOTAL SETTINGS are stored, whereas 'NORMAL' mode only stores Sound and Balance settings. If you are in NORMAL mode this could be the cause of your problem. In case you don't know how to check the mode you are in:-

Press and hold down the BLUE BUTTON in centre of the panel memories wheel. The screen will change and you will see a red box around either EXPAND or NORMAL. If it's around the NORMAL just press the button alongside the 'EXPAND' which will then have the red box around it. Press Exit and you are now in the mode to save ALL settings.

There are two pages to this screen and on page 2 you can do other things which are self explanatory, so I wont go there.

2) Having said all that, it could be something simple like the ORCHESTRATOR, SOLO or EASY RECORD being used which would affect the Technicord. e.g. Solo Trumpet obviously would not need added notes, so this would be one area where the Technicord would not be operating.

If you have the book "TECHNICS SX-KN700 OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS", the Techni-chord is covered on Page 48.

Hope this is of some help. Good luck

Audrey

#66510 - 02/06/08 10:03 AM Re: KN7000 oblige technichord to remain for ever on "block"
fredyfr Offline

Loc: altea, spain
Many thanks, Audrey, you are of great help.
Thanks to you I think "I'm beginning to see
the light". I have a feeling that you know
the tune too. Fredy (alias peeanoplayer)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online