SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#50505 - 04/20/07 10:50 AM Two topics today
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hello all my friends and colleagues of SynthZone!

I have two requests today that I hope some of you can answer. The first concerns recording a song on the 7000. I have completed my latest tune, recorded it and saved it to disk, but inadvertently forgot to place the automatic ending sequence at the end. I have tried to add it by using a Punch Record and it didn't work (or I am doing it wrong). Then I tried Realtime Record and erased part of what I had already recorded. So, my question is: Is there a way to lengthen a song AFTER it has been recorded and saved, and then re-loaded back into the keyboard, without having to record it again from the beginning? (Does this make sense?)

My second request is for an event that occurred at the Keyboard funtime in Florida. As I have learned, our friend Colin Leaney had sent a series of NINE song introductions as a quiz, to see if anyone could guess what songs they were introducing. I have his recordings of all of those intros, but I do not have his recordings of the ENTIRE nine songs. which I assume he also sent to solve the quiz. So, if anyone has those nine songs, played by Colin, I would most appreciate receiving them. I would ask Colin himself but, for some reason or another, I am unable to get e-mail through to him. So, that is my second request here.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me in either or both of these inquiries.

Have a great weekend, all of you.

Ted Rose

[This message has been edited by Ted Rose (edited 04-20-2007).]

#50506 - 04/20/07 02:03 PM Re: Two topics today
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Hi Ted,

I do no sequencing but work with photo/video. One rule I have learned, never work with the original. Hope you worked with a copy .

I had the sequence Bill performed at the Jam, but between Florida and South Carolina I no longer have it. It was well done and enjoyed by the group. Bill probably still has Colins sequence.

Fran in SC

#50507 - 04/20/07 02:31 PM Re: Two topics today
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Ted,
Adding Intro and/or Ending to an existing sequence ?
See http://www.willumspages.co.uk/page10.html Tip number 13

I'll see if I can find the 'Song Intros' complied by Colin - I may have deleted it.....

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#50508 - 04/20/07 07:44 PM Re: Two topics today
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hey Bill,

I don't know why I didn't go to your web site before I even posted the question!!! You ALWAYS know the answer, it seems. I read Tip #13 and, of course, it was the perfect answer to my first question. You never fail to amaze me with your knowledge. Thanks for providing the answer.

I haven't yet found anyone else with Colin's complete songs from the "quiz". If you do still have them, please send them to me via e-mail, OK?

Thanks again. Bill. You are the greatest, but I think everyone on the SynthZone already knows that!

Ted Rose

#50509 - 04/21/07 05:48 AM Re: Two topics today
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Check your email Ted

Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online