SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#56751 - 03/10/07 10:27 AM Change instrumentation in a recorded track?
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
hello all,

I have recorded a song using the KN 7000 Sequencer and saved it in Technics format. Then I copied just the melody from tracks one and two into track 9 in order to have a solo melody play in track 9. When played back, that track 9 has been recorded exactly like the original tracks 1 and 2. Now, however, I would like to change track 9 to a simple piano melody line without having to re-record it. Is there a way to do this? (I know in playing it back I can click on the piano sound and will hear it played that way, but when I save it again, it loads and then plays again with the former/original sounds and not the piano.) I want to save it in piano mode, too, without having to switch.

Don't know if this is possible without re-recording using the piano but thought I would ask the experts.

Thanks for any assistance.

Ted Rose

[This message has been edited by Ted Rose (edited 03-10-2007).]

#56752 - 03/10/07 02:52 PM Re: Change instrumentation in a recorded track?
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Ted,
I assume you have used Panel Memory settings in your Sequence ??
If this is the case, it's a fairly easy process to change instrumentation in any track, post recording. There are at least two ways of doing this.
Method 1
Select the first Panel Memory used in the sequence.
Press SEQUENCER PLAY to display the Sequencer screen. Press the MIXER button and you will see the current assignments for all instruments in the 16 tracks. To change to a Piano in Track 9, press either button below PT5/TR9 to highlight and then press the Top button to the left of the display (SOUND) and this will highlight the current instrument assigned to Track 9. In the SOUND GROUP, press the PIANO button and then the actual piano voice you wish to use and this will change the sound in Track 9. Now save this new setting back into the First Panel Memory. If you use more than one Panel Memory and you wish to make this change effective in other Panel Memories, then just repeat the process but select the remaining Panel Memories one at a time, before making the Instrument changes.

Method 2
Select your first Panel Memory and from the HOME screen, press PROGRAM MENUS > SOUND > PART SETTING and using the arrow buttons at the top left of the screen, scroll forward to PART 5 (which is Track 9). In the SOUND GROUP, press the PIANO button and select your desired piano voice. Now save this new setting back into the First Panel Memory. Repeat the process for other Panel Memories used in the sequence.
Finally, save your entire sequence back to SD Card.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online