Hello,

I have a KN-7000 which I've used for several years, and still enjoy it alot. I have done alot with MIDI inputs to it, and all works fine. I only occasionally have used the MIDI out. About 4 months ago, for a recording project, the MIDI out controlled Reason and Pro Tools, no problem.

Last week, I tried to do the same thing (at the same studio), and discovered that my KN-7000 is outputting a lot of "garbage" intot he MIDI output. I have done extensive tests with laptop MIDI monitoring programs, etc.

The MIDI OUT data, even if I don't touch the keyboard, is randomly spitting out errors, unreadable data, as well as an occasional START/STOP message (even when I don't touch a thing) - and when I play notes, there are alot of NOTE ONs with no NOTE OFF so I get stuck notes.

I have done a Factory Reset and INIT of everything in the keyboard, to no avail. I am wondering if the hardware (circuit board that drives the MIDI out) might be at fault.

Has anyone else had this happen, and if so, found a solution?

Thanks!
Jim