SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#46007 - 09/29/06 01:57 PM OLD kn KEYBOARD FORMAT TO kn7000
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
Hello forum friends,

I am trying to update an old Technote Glenn Miller arrangement into the KN7000. I have completely reworked the Variations, including adding more accompaniment tracks to the Variations. I have saved my work in CUSTOM STYLE. Here lies the problem: Bringing up the song from the floppy disk, it comes up in tracks of the following: TR1, TR2, APC is TR4 and not TR5. TR5 is CONTROL instead of it being TR 6. I want to use TR1 and TR2 that is on the Technote floppy but I can't seem to bring them into the standard SEQUENCER format of the KN7000. What is a big surprise, why TR4 is the APC track instead of TR5. By the way, these Miller arrangements put out by Technote are really cheesy.

Hoping someone can help. Just keep in mind that I want to use the Track 1 and Track 2 that is on the floppy but want the SEQUENCER work to be done in the KN7000 format so I can use and bring up the Variations I have saved in CUSTOM STYLE.

Scott

#46008 - 09/30/06 06:03 AM Re: OLD kn KEYBOARD FORMAT TO kn7000
D.Munson Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by nsr007:
Hello forum friends,

I am trying to update an old Technote Glenn Miller arrangement into the KN7000. I have completely reworked the Variations, including adding more accompaniment tracks to the Variations. I have saved my work in CUSTOM STYLE. Here lies the problem: Bringing up the song from the floppy disk, it comes up in tracks of the following: TR1, TR2, APC is TR4 and not TR5. TR5 is CONTROL instead of it being TR 6. I want to use TR1 and TR2 that is on the Technote floppy but I can't seem to bring them into the standard SEQUENCER format of the KN7000. What is a big surprise, why TR4 is the APC track instead of TR5. By the way, these Miller arrangements put out by Technote are really cheesy.

Hoping someone can help. Just keep in mind that I want to use the Track 1 and Track 2 that is on the floppy but want the SEQUENCER work to be done in the KN7000 format so I can use and bring up the Variations I have saved in CUSTOM STYLE.

Scott

Hi Scott
What do you mean by "cheesy" Rubbish? or OK?
Derek

#46009 - 09/30/06 07:24 AM Re: OLD kn KEYBOARD FORMAT TO kn7000
nsr007 Offline

Hi Derek,

ROTTEN, LOUSY, POOR ARRANGEMENTS... THE LIST GOES ON.

Scott

#46010 - 09/30/06 08:17 AM Re: OLD kn KEYBOARD FORMAT TO kn7000
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Perhaps you can let us all have a copy of your version when you have finished it!!!

It is obviously going to be of a superior quality.... Joan

#46011 - 09/30/06 09:15 AM Re: OLD kn KEYBOARD FORMAT TO kn7000
nsr007 Offline

Hi Joan,

I would hope my updated arrangement would be a huge improvement! I find little to nothing inspiring about this Miller disk. I like the melody playing (RT1 & RT2) on "In The Mood." They have the rhythm right on. By posting my request, I was hoping to save a bit of time by using that with new variations that I do. Firstly, with these Miller tunes, they are done with only two measures in the variations - really! I seldom use a pre-set in the keyboard. My work in COMPOSER is always done using 8 measures - not the standard 4 measures in the styles of the keyboard. Also, I use a lot of complex (deep) harmonies and you can not use pre-sets in the keyboard that sound right, due to the way the bass patterns work. Doing correct bass patterns in COMPOSER requires not only experience but also an understanding of how they will respond in a song. I can create a bass pattern that will virtually work with any song, regardless of how complex the harmony is. My bass patterns will fall correctly where they should - it is all in the know-how. These Miller arrangements not only having an amateur sound to them with using basic harmony only but the mix choice is not very good. Mix, in itself is almost as important as the interpretation of the song. A poor mix will ruin a song.

I look forward to sending a few things to the forum when I eventually get off my duff and buy a new computer. I keep talking about it and haven't taken the time to get fully psyched in getting one. My computer is an old clunker I bought in 1998. I haven't downloaded the drivers or the SD Jukebox yet because of the old computer. I have been more into playing and composing music. I keep saying that once I get a new computer, I'll install the above mentioned software.

Scott

#46012 - 09/30/06 03:47 PM Re: OLD kn KEYBOARD FORMAT TO kn7000
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
And there lies your problem Scott - the World moves on - even me.

Audrey

#46013 - 09/30/06 07:10 PM Re: OLD kn KEYBOARD FORMAT TO kn7000
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by Audrey Turner:
And there lies your problem Scott - the World moves on - even me.

Audrey

#46014 - 10/01/06 12:30 AM Re: OLD kn KEYBOARD FORMAT TO kn7000
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Well Scott - I have spent a restless night as my mind was troubled by the words you used to express your opinion about Technote disks. They were indeed very strong.

I feel that I must make some reply. I think your blanket condemnation of Technote disks was VERY harsh. I class myself as an amateur player and don’t pretend otherwise and I freely allow that you almost certainly have a more critical ear than I have...

The Technote range of disks throughout the years since I started out with the KN2000, and progressed through to the KN7 have been a source of pleasure and interest to me and I am sure many others. I invariably purchased them as they became available. These were always pre-advertised in their excellent bi-monthly Technote magazine. In monetary terms neither the disks nor the magazine cost a great deal and like a CD if you liked some arrangements and not others then that was acceptable.

I would like to say in passing that Technote provided an excellent service which I think was unique in that, if you upgraded your keyboard to a later model then you could return your older floppies and they would replace them free of charge for your new model. It was only in the latter years that they levied a small charge for this service. They were, the last time I contacted them by phone one of the few remaining businesses where you actually speak to a person and get advice and not go round and round on an automated system.

I realize that you did not complain about Technote magazine, or service yourself.

There I have got it off my chest and feel better……Joan

[This message has been edited by Joan (edited 10-01-2006).]

#46015 - 10/01/06 06:27 AM Re: OLD kn KEYBOARD FORMAT TO kn7000
nsr007 Offline

Joan,

You have COMPLETELY taken my post and my reply out of context. Because I speak of the arrangements on the Miller disk doesn't mean I condemn ALL Technote disks. I do not own or have played other Technote disks other than this one that was GIVEN to me so please don't put criticism in my mouth when I don't deserve it.

I know the forum lately has dried up in topics and someone like you has to keep the fire lit. I felt I listed a good post and hoped someone could have a thought or answer to my reply. Clearly, you don't have one for as you say you are an amateur player. We all have opinions about our choice of music and in this case, a particular disk. I suggest you respect opinions given by others.

As Audrey so pointedly stated, "The world moves on." I'm hoping you have no more restless nights over something that has been blown way out of proportion.

Scott

#46016 - 10/01/06 07:07 AM Re: OLD kn KEYBOARD FORMAT TO kn7000
kn7 Offline

Hey Joan,

If Scott's post is keeping you awake at night I suggest you lighten up and get a life. Scott's original question was for help on a matter and you are trying to make his post out of something else. If you can't answer his question then you shouldn't be posting to it. I wish I had an answer for you Scott but maybe one of the very knowledgeable people on the forum will get by the pettiness of Joan. This kind of bitchiness is why I seldom bring up the forum anymore.

kn7

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online