SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#53818 - 08/15/06 06:20 AM Moving styles from PC to SD card for KN7000
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Hello to all you Technics people.
I have downloaded quite a few styles off various internet sites for the KN7000. I have basically cut and pasted them from my PC onto a friends SD card.
When he loads the SD card into the KN7000 his machine does not see any folders and says the card is empty. If think he also mentioned some error that comes up.
I know I moved 6 folders across totalling about 60mb.
Not being a Technics owner myself I thought the SD card would operate in the same fashion as a USB stick when loaded into a Tyros 2 (T2 sees all folders created on a PC).
Can someone please tell me how I can move these styles I have for him from my PC and onto his SD card so his KN7000 can actually see them and use the new styles.
Thanking you,
Craig

[This message has been edited by Craig_UK (edited 08-15-2006).]

#53819 - 08/15/06 07:06 AM Re: Moving styles from PC to SD card for KN7000
technicsplayer Offline

format the card, save anything technics in folder 1 on the 7k. Open in card reader follow path Private/Technics/KN7000, delete the KN7000MN.INF and KN7000MN.BAK files. Open folder TFLD001, delete the contents, now copy the downloaded technics files to TFLD001. If there are more than 20 files create folders TFLD002, TFLD003 etc in the KN7000 folder. The copied folder contents must adhere to technics 1-20 numbering system with no duplications, if they are floppy files they will work fine. This is the quick and free method, once anything else has been saved on the card in the 7k and a new index written you need to use floppy copy to add further files, or software either the supplied Song Manger program, or an extra cost program etc.

#53820 - 08/15/06 10:27 AM Re: Moving styles from PC to SD card for KN7000
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Thanks for letting me know.
Sounds like one heck of a lot of faffing about just to get style into an arranger, but I'll let my m8 know, cheers.

#53821 - 08/15/06 03:11 PM Re: Moving styles from PC to SD card for KN7000
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
I've been following this discussion with great interest and having copied lots of floppies by just using the desktop method, my question is:-

Is it possible to copy SD Cards using the same method? After all, it is a 'carbon' copy and is not changed in any way, and therefore I would have thought the KN would be able to read the data on the SD card as it does 'copied' floppies. Has anyone ever tried it?

Aud (U.K.)

#53822 - 08/16/06 02:05 AM Re: Moving styles from PC to SD card for KN7000
technicsplayer Offline

certainly you can copy one card to another just by just dragging the contents to a temp folder on pc and then dragging them to the blank card, this was described in my book as soon as the 7k came out. It will work for the PRIVATE, SD-SOUND and IMEXPORT folders but do not bother to copy the SD_AUDIO folder, you need Jukebox to load audio to the new card. Inside the KN7000 folder you can also drag single customs to the CUSTOM folder, and fill it with single customs or change single customs even on a saved card since this does not affect the index files.

#53823 - 08/16/06 01:47 PM Re: Moving styles from PC to SD card for KN7000
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Why not use http://vision-4-life.nl/SDExplorer.htm ?

Then you can drag and drop technics styles, songs, sequences as if they were single files. Easy renaming, copying, moving. Read the testimonials of Joan, Kenneth, Dewey....

#53824 - 08/16/06 03:33 PM Re: Moving styles from PC to SD card for KN7000
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Thank you for your reply Technics Player. The next $64,000 question is, could I do this with my Camera SD Card as well. I have tried to save to CD & DVD but it is a very nearly full 1GB card and the PC tells me there isn't enough space on either of the disks. The reason I am looking to backup these files separately is because I want to re-use this 1GB Card and also clean the hard drive on the PC and naturally I don't want to lose any of the pictures if it can be avoided.

Thanks in advance. I look forward to your reply with interest.

Audrey

#53825 - 08/17/06 01:52 AM Re: Moving styles from PC to SD card for KN7000
technicsplayer Offline

just drag and drop the card to a folder on your pc for backup. A cd cannot hold 1GB (so split the files in half and make two)but an empty dvd can hold 4.2GB reliably so there should be no problem there. Most cameras come with download software, these or others can help in organising photos by date, renaming, putting in themed folders etc. I put all my photos on dvd as originals and as slideshows with music and transition effects to play on tv.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online