SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#56152 - 02/19/06 06:54 AM Intro (Tie a yellow ribbon......)
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Hoping someone can help, i'm after the intro to the song "Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree". I have the song (top line and chords) already, in fact twice, and in different keys but both pieces of sheet music do not contain that famous intro.

Many thanks in advance for any help that can be given.

Kind regards to all

Peter

#56153 - 02/19/06 09:17 AM Re: Intro (Tie a yellow ribbon......)
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Lowden:
Hoping someone can help, i'm after the intro to the song "Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree". I have the song (top line and chords) already, in fact twice, and in different keys but both pieces of sheet music do not contain that famous intro.

Many thanks in advance for any help that can be given.

Kind regards to all

Peter

Hi Peter, if you visit my Personal Page (page 2, song 31)on KESO you can download the song, include the intro. Hope this is what you're looking for.
Greetings,
Cees

#56154 - 02/19/06 09:23 AM Re: Intro (Tie a yellow ribbon......)
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Thanks Cees,

It's one of those songs that cries out for the proper intro, just like "Bridge over troubled water".

All the best

Peter

[This message has been edited by Peter Lowden (edited 02-19-2006).]

#56155 - 02/19/06 09:29 AM Re: Intro (Tie a yellow ribbon......)
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Lowden:
Thanks Cees,

It's one of those songs that cries out for the proper intro, just like "Bridge over troubled waters".

All the best

Peter

You're absolutely right with those titles. And sometimes there are even songs where the intro overclasses the song itself
Success,
Cees

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online