SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#58885 - 02/12/06 01:18 PM technics styles to yamaha
jammer Offline

Loc: Saskatoon, Canada
Hopefully "Bebop" will read this. I have been a loyal user of technics organs and keyboards for the past 20yrs.But time marches on and I would like to upgrade my kn2400.I am looking at a yamaha psr3000. Over the years I have collected some cherished rhythms. Is there any way to convert kn styles to yamaha? I was told by the sales people that yamaha will play any "midi" file.Can you make a midi file out of your styles ? By the way! I have looked at "EMC" and they do not show any style converter that will handle these newer keyboards. Thanks much for any helpfull advice

------------------

#58886 - 02/12/06 02:19 PM Re: technics styles to yamaha
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
HI.

EMC handle KN7000 files, so I asume the 2400 will load, and it also handle Tyros
and other Yam styles, so there is a fair chance it will work out.
But to be quite sure, if noone else can confirm it, just e-mail Klaus at EMC, and
you'll get the info you need.

All that said, to me it looks like Technics styles are harder to get reasonable
good sounding on other keyboards by use of quick convert than it is when convert
from others to Technics, so be prepared to use some hours to get satisfied.

Happy convert and playing.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#58887 - 02/12/06 04:16 PM Re: technics styles to yamaha
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Jammer, if you are going Yamaha Psr 3000 why not get the 100's of free styles Yamaha and people who play Yamahas are offering.

John C.

#58888 - 02/12/06 05:45 PM Re: technics styles to yamaha
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Hi Jammer,
The conversions that John C. mentioned all work fine in my 3K, however be prepared to do some sound editing to get closer to the Technics sound. Or, at least get closer to the sound of a real instrument of the reed and brass groups. Keep in mind that if you do some sound editing and give the edit a name it won’t appear in the registration save. It reverts back to the factory name, but retains the edit. Who knows what the Yamaha designers were thinking.
Frank

#58889 - 02/13/06 03:44 AM Re: technics styles to yamaha
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Jammer, my thought was that you explore what is available for the Psr3000 before trying to create any conversions. There is so much available -- 100's of them, styles and instrument sounds.
If you need styles or sounds, just ask.

John C.

#58890 - 02/13/06 08:04 AM Re: technics styles to yamaha
jammer Offline

Loc: Saskatoon, Canada
Big thanks to Jonny&bruno for your prompt advice.Your idea of exploring the 3000 yamaha styles before going off the deep end is very valid. I am going to rent the keyboard for a while to make sure this is a good move. In my first msg. I mentioned "Bebop". That was because I knew he had both types of boards. thanks again

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online