SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#45960 - 01/14/06 12:18 PM Strictly guitar? would appreciate your opinion
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi best forumfriends,
I'm working on the Shadows Special Page, as I promised you. I hope to publish it next weekend. But working on it, I whish to share some thoughts.
I would appreciate some opinions of you. As a former guitarist, I love guitar-instrumentals from strictly guitar-favorites (guitar-bands or guitar-soloists).
Now I doubt/consider to make a 'Strictly Guitar Special Page' (instead of only the Shadows ..). On this page of course the Shadows will appear. But other favourites of me are e.g. Duane Eddy, Jet Atkins, Arthur 'boogie'Smit etc.).
If you are interested in a wider 'offer' of guitar players, it could be that we possible could collect songs from them too
As the KN7000 has great guitarsounds, it would be a challenge to build a nice collection from worldwide players.
I would appreciate some reactions,
greetings,
Cees

#45961 - 01/14/06 06:17 PM Re: Strictly guitar? would appreciate your opinion
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Cees, Guitar players;
1-Johnny Smith-Jazz
2-Joe Pass ?Jazz
3-Tony Mattola ?Beautiful, Just beautiful.
4-Andre Segovia ?Classical
There are so many guitarist; these I consider the top four.
I met Johnny Smith a few times,
Moonlight in Vermont was one of his big hits.

I went to see Joe Pass in New York City in the Village, he was awesome.

I met Tony Mattola at Jimmy D?Aquisto guitar shop, soft-spoken nice man. He recorded many albums ? Music form the 30?s to the 60?s, very tasty.

Andre Segovia, sorry to say I have never met personally. I hear when he gave a concert the rows of seat in the front were taken by the best in the guitar world ? classical, jazz and contemporary players. He was without competition and considered (undisputed) the best. His classical guitar and he were one.
How does this all relate to what you are trying to do? I am not sure, I guess you just touched a special part of me.

My experience and some of my thoughts, John C.

#45962 - 01/15/06 01:10 AM Re: Strictly guitar? would appreciate your opinion
The Leans Offline

Loc: Birmingham, England
I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments John.

Guitar-playing as such, is not a subject I know much about. But, I have enormous appreciation for those guitarists who are skilled enough to play both melody and backing chords (at the same time) 'WITHOUT ELECTRICITY'. !!

I wonder how many supposedly 'good' guitarists, are able to do this. ? -

However Cees, I wish you well with your project, and it will be interesting and enjoyable to see what response you get, and to listen to the playing efforts of those people who take up your challenge. - My best wishes,

Colin.

#45963 - 01/15/06 04:58 AM Re: Strictly guitar? would appreciate your opinion
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
and don't forget Satriani; Gary Moore; and Santana...
Rog

#45964 - 01/15/06 05:21 AM Re: Strictly guitar? would appreciate your opinion
cees Offline

Thanks for the first reactions.
John, you have made your view clear. The range of guitarists is large. I also enjoy listening to 'similar'Jazz gitarists as you mentioned (f.i. Byrd, Django Rheinhard etc. or the classics Julian Bream). The reason I listed more 'popular' guitarists is the fact that there is a greater change that there is sheetmusic available. Without that I am hopeless lost .Also I suppose that the songs from the few you mentioned ask for great playingskills. But luckily there are wellgifted talents among us Most of the popular bands/guitarists made beautiful covers of popular evergreens, which are more 'accessible' for common keyboardists (as I am ).
Nevertheless, in the view that it would be a 'Strictly Guitar Page' there is without doubt place for these songs.
Hope I made my view clear enough. Looking forward to more reactions,
Cees

#45965 - 01/15/06 09:36 AM Re: Strictly guitar? would appreciate your opinion

Colin, I love it --"Without electricty"
My favorite type of guitar was always acustic "F" hole guitar with a floating pickup or a nylon strin classical guitar.

In Westbury, Long Island, New York, one of the colleges offered a clasical guitar program. The day I visited the campus the sun was shining and the trees were in bloom ? and scattered on the lawn and under trees were students and their guitars ? a little bit of Heaven, I did not want to leave.

Cees, I need clarification on what you would like from us, what part do we play.

A happy day, John C.

#45966 - 01/15/06 11:32 AM Re: Strictly guitar? would appreciate your opinion
cees Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by bruno123:
Colin, I love it --"Without electricty" ..... Cees, I need clarification on what you would like from us, what part do we play.

A happy day, John C.

Hi John, my basic reaction would be, that's OK., so I tried it. And it is unbelievable: the KN7000 doesn't play without electricity
Just Kidding, your fine reactions made it easier to decide. For now I think that the best compromise could be that I construct a website-structure on KESO on which every guitar-genre can be published on. Do you agree?
Cees

#45967 - 01/15/06 02:20 PM Re: Strictly guitar? would appreciate your opinion
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Great idea Cees I assume you will be asking for contributions ??

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#45968 - 01/15/06 04:32 PM Re: Strictly guitar? would appreciate your opinion

Cees, Do it Cees I feel it will be a winner with the popularity of guitar today --- you have my support.

John C.

PS, never ever lose your sense of humor it's special -- and I understand it --Wow!

#45969 - 01/16/06 10:24 AM Re: Strictly guitar? would appreciate your opinion
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Don't forget Stevie Ray Vaughn, one of the best blues players ever. Watch one of his videos - you won't believe your eyes. He had magic fingers and could play better in his sleep than I ever could at my best! God rest his soul.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online