SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#53554 - 10/18/05 09:38 AM A Technics KN7000 Owner's Opinion of: "Tyros2"
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Thought Technics keyboard players here might be interested in hearing what one of your fellow Technics KN7000 owners & avid enthusiasts thinks of Tyros2, after having recently attended a Yamaha Tyros2 demo, of which included a brief opportunity to play it as well:

"I must admit that the Tyros2 sounds amazing good! I wanted to compare the keys on the Tyros2 with the keys on the Tyros1 and I really like the Tyros2 keys better. I felt that the Tyros1 keys is a bit "toy like", but the Tyros2 keys are more "pro" and felt more "soft" to hit and a bit like the really great keys on my KN7000.

The Super Articulation voices are outstanding. This new technique is amazing, and as you know the Tyros2 have more of these sounds. As you know I do not have an Tyros, but a Technics KN7000, and for me it felt that the Tyros2 is now a horse-head in front of the KN7000. - Kenneth Gunderson (Norway)"

#53555 - 10/18/05 02:55 PM Re: A Technics KN7000 Owner's Opinion of: "Tyros2"
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Scott,
Good to hear your comments on the Tyros2
But should you not be on the Yamaha Forum.
No offence intended.

Cheers Barry

#53556 - 10/18/05 03:26 PM Re: A Technics KN7000 Owner's Opinion of: "Tyros2"
Scottyee Offline

Barry. It's important to note that these were NOT 'my comments' on Tyros2.

I posted this here on the SZ Technics Forum because it was written by none other than a leading avid Techncis KN7000 enthusiast, owner, as well as forum adminstrator of: http://www.kn7000.net

My intention here was in no way to be-little Technics KN7000 keyboards, or their owners, but merely share one KN7000's owner's impressions of the Tyros2, after having finally seen it demoed live, & played it (albiet briefly) as well.

I myself am not beholden to any single keyboard manufacterer or kb model. Perhaps it's a Tyros2 today, but tomorrow, it could be X,Y, or Z, and who knows, if Panasonic decides to come out with another Technics KN model again someday, I'm open to that possiblity as well. It's all about making MUSIC afterall, and 'that' must come from the heart. My apologies if I've offended anyone here for posting this on the Technics forum. - Scott

#53557 - 10/18/05 07:44 PM Re: A Technics KN7000 Owner's Opinion of: "Tyros2"
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Scott, you are a blessing to this forum or any other forum. I for one welcome you with open arms.
As far as your post, it's what I am looking for, opinions by KN7 owners. Until a new keyboard comes out it is all I have. If it's better than the KN7, fine, if it is not, fine.

Now let''s get back to the important issue--
Why and How it the Tyros II better. I would like an opinion suported with facts. Please.

PS, I posedt on the gerneral Arranger forum long before I bought a Yamaha -- no one ever complained, or made me feel unwelcome. I now own a Tyros I, no difference. If what I have to say is good or helful then I feel it is accepted.

I have praised Scott many times, he is one gentlemen. If you take the Bill Norree's and the Scott Yee's out of the forum, in fact any forum, you have lost a great deal.

My opinino, John C.

#53558 - 10/18/05 11:38 PM Re: A Technics KN7000 Owner's Opinion of: "Tyros2"
Scottyee Offline

JohnC. Many thanks for your continued support. - Scott

#53559 - 10/19/05 12:04 AM Re: A Technics KN7000 Owner's Opinion of: "Tyros2"
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by bruno123:
Scott, you are a blessing to this forum or any other forum. I for one welcome you with open arms.
As far as your post, it's what I am looking for, opinions by KN7 owners. Until a new keyboard comes out it is all I have. If it's better than the KN7, fine, if it is not, fine.

Now let''s get back to the important issue--
Why and How it the Tyros II better. I would like an opinion suported with facts. Please.

PS, I posedt on the gerneral Arranger forum long before I bought a Yamaha -- no one ever complained, or made me feel unwelcome. I now own a Tyros I, no difference. If what I have to say is good or helful then I feel it is accepted.

I have praised Scott many times, he is one gentlemen. If you take the Bill Norree's and the Scott Yee's out of the forum, in fact any forum, you have lost a great deal.

My opinino, John C.

I agree, keep up the informative posts Scott

Kind regards

Peter

#53560 - 10/19/05 10:15 AM Re: A Technics KN7000 Owner's Opinion of: "Tyros2"
Johnnie.c Offline

Yes, lets have truly informative posts that actually tell us something, not just idle bragging, boasting and childish insulting of other members.

#53561 - 10/19/05 10:49 AM Re: A Technics KN7000 Owner's Opinion of: "Tyros2"
Peter Lowden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnnie.c:

Yes, lets have truly informative posts that actually tell us something, not just idle bragging, boasting and childish insulting of other members.

Right on course as expected, Johnnie C up to his usual disruption tactics! well now you've got that of your chest,............perhaps the thread can continue.

Peter

#53562 - 10/19/05 10:55 AM Re: A Technics KN7000 Owner's Opinion of: "Tyros2"
kn7 Offline

Hi,

I don't know whether this is informative or not but not long ago when I was looking for a KN7000, I contacted the dealer that sold me a KN6000. He, of course told me that the KN7000 was no longer made. I knew that this dealer was a Yamaha dealer so I asked him about the Tyros 2 and that I heard it was supposed to be an incredible keyboard and much better than the KN7000. He said that the Tyros 2 can't even come close to the KN7000 for sound and user friendly features. He went on to say that the KN7000 will go down in history as the greatest keyboard that was ever made and will be the most sought after keyboard as well.

Just a DEALER'S opinion that should know and now deals exclusively with Yamaha instruments.

#53563 - 10/19/05 11:05 AM Re: A Technics KN7000 Owner's Opinion of: "Tyros2"
Peter Lowden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kn7:
Hi,

I don't know whether this is informative or not but not long ago when I was looking for a KN7000, I contacted the dealer that sold me a KN6000. He, of course told me that the KN7000 was no longer made. I knew that this dealer was a Yamaha dealer so I asked him about the Tyros 2 and that I heard it was supposed to be an incredible keyboard and much better than the KN7000. He said that the Tyros 2 can't even come close to the KN7000 for sound and user friendly features. He went on to say that the KN7000 will go down in history as the greatest keyboard that was ever made and will be the most sought after keyboard as well.

Just a DEALER'S opinion that should know and now deals exclusively with Yamaha instruments.

Hi,

Not sure he'll sell many Tyros 2 keyboards to Technics fans with that line of talk, most sales people praise up whatever their selling.

All the best

Peter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online