SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#40653 - 10/06/05 10:51 AM WALT TENAY KEYBOARD STUDIOS?????
kn7 Offline

Hi, everyone -

I just brought up Walt Tenay's website and what a surprise!!! Firstly, he has a Tyros 2 for sale that is "only a few weeks old." Bebop, get your money back and make a beeline to Walt. I thought this keyboard wasn't out until November. (???) Here is the kicker - I tried to call him on another matter, using his toll free number. I kept getting Excell Communications. (???) Someone should tell him April fool's day has passed.

#40654 - 10/06/05 12:24 PM Re: WALT TENAY KEYBOARD STUDIOS?????
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI KN7,
I will copy your post here and email it to Walt right now and see what is cooking here
Thanks,
Bebop

#40655 - 10/06/05 01:31 PM Re: WALT TENAY KEYBOARD STUDIOS?????
kn7 Offline

Hi Bebop,

What is with Tenay listing the Tyros 2 for sale that is "only a few weeks old?" I have asked him in his post.

#40656 - 10/06/05 06:33 PM Re: WALT TENAY KEYBOARD STUDIOS?????
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I sent him an email with your post and mine above and he did not respond to me so I have no idea.
Bebop

I just went to the website and had a look. it states Page Last Updated 9/4/2002
Maybe he is out of business
Bb

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 10-06-2005).]

#40657 - 10/06/05 09:32 PM Re: WALT TENAY KEYBOARD STUDIOS?????
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by kn7:
I just brought up Walt Tenay's website and what a surprise!!! Firstly, he has a Tyros 2 for sale that is "only a few weeks old. I tried to call him.

Hmmm. Interestingly enough, I called him today too, and though I had to leave a message, he called me back promptly. He confirmed, that like all other US dealers, he doesn't actually have a Tyros2 on hand for sale yet.

The Tyros2 ad on Walt's Web Site reads as follows:

"Yama Tyros 2: Here is Yamaha's latest entry in the keyboard Line. This Tyros 2 is only a few weeks old, and comes witha full factory warrantee."

Admittedly, when I first saw it, I too thought it infered he had one 'in stock' & available for sale, as a 2 week old (used?) keyboard. After going back & re-reading the ad though, I can now also see how it might be interpreted as saying: the Tyros2 has only been in production (by Yamaha Japan) for 2 weeks.

Though I haven't spoken to Walt since the days when I owned my KN5000, I've never forget the generous assistance he gave me in providing me step by step instructions on how to replace a damaged key on my KN5000, even though I never purchased the keyboard from him. Thank you Mr Tenay. Walt sends his best to the SZ Technics forum community.

Scott

#40658 - 10/06/05 11:47 PM Re: WALT TENAY KEYBOARD STUDIOS?????
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Though I haven't spoken to Walt since the days when I owned my KN5000, I've never forget the generous assistance he gave me in providing me step by step instructions on how to replace a damaged key on my KN5000, even though I never purchased the keyboard from him. Thank you Mr Tenay. Walt sends his best to the SZ Technics forum community.

Scott[/B][/QUOTE]

Scott, you take a mix up situation, clarify it, and then add something nice about Walt Tenay. God that's good/nice.

John C.

#40659 - 10/08/05 08:41 AM Re: WALT TENAY KEYBOARD STUDIOS?????
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
John, many thanks for your kind words of support. My only regret is that we missed meeting each other (by one day) at the Florida SZ jam back in April. - Scott

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online