SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#51933 - 09/08/05 01:13 PM Standard midi files to SD Card
dschultze Offline

Loc: UK
Hi fellow technics people,

I'm having a problem copying standard midi files to an SD card to play on my KN7000.

I don't have access to a floppy disk drive anymore but I can use a card reader connected to my Mac. Unfortunately when I copy the files onto the SD card they can't be read in the KN. Looking at the folder structure it seems that they are indexed somehow and the files are locked so I can't create a file on the KN and overwrite it on the Mac.

As I'm using a Mac and not a PC I can't use the USB connection option either.

I'm a little suprised that Technics create such a locked down proprietary folder structure as this in theory means that I cannot use the SD to move files between machines.

Does anyone know how I can get my SMF files to SD. This is rapidly rendering my wonderful KN7000 unusable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

David.

#51934 - 09/08/05 02:34 PM Re: Standard midi files to SD Card
technicsplayer Offline

create a folder in the root of the sd called IMEXPORT. Copy midi files there, then go to SD Tools menu, SD Sound Tools, SD Sound Import and copy them to default playlist, and edit your user playlists from them. Then delete the contents of IMEXPORT to save card space.

#51935 - 09/08/05 03:38 PM Re: Standard midi files to SD Card
dschultze Offline

Thanks a lot. That works a treat. This has been bugging me for ages.

Much appreciated.

David.

#51936 - 09/08/05 04:09 PM Re: Standard midi files to SD Card
technicsplayer Offline

you're welcome

#51937 - 09/08/05 04:33 PM Re: Standard midi files to SD Card
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi David,
I note from your profile that you also have a Korg PA1X. I would be interested, as I'm sure would other members of the form, how you compare the two keyboards.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#51938 - 09/08/05 08:33 PM Re: Standard midi files to SD Card
Ann in New Zealand Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Thank you David for asking this question and Alec for your reply. I tried to do this the other day and had problems, but thought I had better go back and read the book to find put where I was going wrong. However I won't need to now as yet again the Forum has provided me with the answer. Many thanks.
Ann

#51939 - 09/20/05 04:05 PM Re: Standard midi files to SD Card
dschultze Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
Hi David,
I note from your profile that you also have a Korg PA1X. I would be interested, as I'm sure would other members of the form, how you compare the two keyboards.

Hi Bill,

Sorry for the delay in replying. Unfortunately I don't have a PA1X yet. I'm still trying to make up my mind whether I can justify the cost of the update. The trouble is I like my KN7K so much but I need a little more functionality in terms of computer connection.

The PA1X seems to really fit my needs hence the interest, but of course the pending release of the new Tyros has left me hanging on for a while. If I get the chance to compare the KN and PA1X side by side I'll post the findings.

David.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online