SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#61806 - 07/15/05 05:40 AM Style Convert
Brakers Offline

Loc: Eastleigh, Hampshire, England
Hi There does anyone know how to transfer and convert Tyros styles into KN7000 without paying out £30 to companies like technote. Also I have a KN6000 I have tried to transfer a style from the one button setup IE. Piano Ballad One Button settup + Piano Platforms. I save to Floppy Eveything I see panel settings ETc but when I load into my KN7000 it is not the same the Piano which is constantly playing on the KN6000 is missing on the KN7000 I have looked in the manual but I cannot find out how to do it. Any help in this matter will be much appreciated. Many thanks to all who try to answer this.
Kindest Regards Tony B.

#61807 - 07/15/05 08:24 AM Re: Style Convert
technicsplayer Offline

to avoid a style conversion software you would have to record every intro, fill, variation and ending of a single style in C major and save a midi file on the tyros, then sequencer to composer convert each section to its respective slot in the KN7000 composer. However if the style involved mega voice or higher bank drums a large amount of step editing would be required in addition to the normal editing needed to make a style from one manufacturer sound good on another manufacturers machine.

As far as the KN6000 style is concerned there is no reason why it should not work if the OTP settings were saved in panel memories. In fact I have already done that particular style and it is still available for free download at http://www.technicskn7000.com/home.asp
Register, go to the stylist reprise page and download the mellow glamour style on page 2 of the kn6500 section.
There are a further 726 other free styles for your 7k to download

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online