SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#43380 - 07/06/05 03:57 PM Cees re: Keso Site
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Have visited the Keso site tonight but was unable to get any music to actually play from the many titles shown. I get the message Windows Media Player cannot play the song because it cannot find it.

I tried Jukebox as well but only got the default Playlist which was loaded when I first set up my KN7s software on the PC.

Any ideas what's wrong?

Regards,

Aud (U.K.)

#43381 - 07/07/05 12:42 AM Re: Cees re: Keso Site
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi there - You can either select the bottom option on the OPTIONS column - illustrated KESO JUKEBOX - OR - KESO-JUKEBOX which you will find amongst a list of other options on the top line? I have just tried both - works OK for me - Joan

[This message has been edited by Joan (edited 07-07-2005).]

#43382 - 07/07/05 01:26 AM Re: Cees re: Keso Site
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Audrey - I believe you are trying to play the Keso site music on your computer?
It is not set up for playing on a computer apart from the jukebox stuff; the rest is set up for downloading (on a floppy disk) to your keyboard and being played on your keyboard.
Rog
p.s. and the files which you download are zipped files and will need to be unzipped before you can play them on your KN7000...

[This message has been edited by RMepstead (edited 07-07-2005).]

[This message has been edited by RMepstead (edited 07-07-2005).]

#43383 - 07/08/05 07:23 AM Re: Cees re: Keso Site
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Thank you both for your quick response to my posting.

Joan - I should have known you would be able to help. I will try out your suggestion.
Meanwhile you may like to know I bought a new small SD card yesterday which I hope to use with KN SD Explorer experiment tonight. I will email you direct on that one.

R Mepstead - You are quite right, I was trying to play it through the PC but will load it to floppy and play on the KN. I do have the connection lead for direct access but until I get around to re-organising my music room, the USB sockets are at the back of my hard drive tucked right away under my desk (stupid of me wasn't it?)

Thank you both again.

Kind regards

Audrey (U.K.)

#43384 - 07/08/05 07:40 AM Re: Cees re: Keso Site
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi Audrey
I have to be honest - I've hardly ever used the USB download approach; for me it's always been download to floppy disk, walk through into the other room with the floppy disk to where the keyboard is, and load the data from the floppy disk into the keyboard...long way round I know but its what I know and feel confident doing it!!!
Rog

#43385 - 07/08/05 08:05 AM Re: Cees re: Keso Site
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
Maybe I need to get a floppy disc thingy to plug into my laptop so I can download stuff to play on my 7K????

Is there such an animal? My laptop only burns CD's......

ELIZABETH

#43386 - 07/08/05 08:29 AM Re: Cees re: Keso Site
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Elizabeth, you should be able to get a USB FD drive cheaply. Walter.

#43387 - 07/08/05 08:56 AM Re: Cees re: Keso Site
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
WALTER.....Thanks! Will give it a try!

ELIZABETH

#43388 - 07/08/05 09:54 AM Re: Cees re: Keso Site
Anonymous
Unregistered

Elizabeth,

I use one with my Laptop. Under $30. http://www.smarter.com/category/Floppy_D...ppy_disk_drive.

Fran in Florida

#43389 - 07/09/05 02:40 PM Re: Cees re: Keso Site
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
What I do with the Keso songs: I don't download them on a floppy, but on my hard disk, 20 songs in one folder, often named to the name of the performer, e.g. "Joan_1"

And then I import this folder directly onto my SDcard using our KN-SDExplorer tool. Since we have this tool I (almost) NEVER use a floppy disk anymore. Another advantage of this approach is that I can easily change the often 8-character, 6 for the name, cryptic title of a song. In our tool it is like renaming a single file.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online