SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#59846 - 06/25/05 05:50 AM How to Record singing voice with music on the 7K???
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
Like most who play music....I love to sing along....Granted that not too many really want to hear me sing....but I do!

I have a good mike...plugged into the mike input on the 7K....Is there a way to record my voice along with my tunes? Someway in the easy play sequencer would be best for me...

All suggestions will be appreciated!

ELIZABETH

#59847 - 06/25/05 05:57 AM Re: How to Record singing voice with music on the 7K???
Bazz Woods Offline

Loc: British Isles
Hi Elizabeth,
Im nearly sure you cant ,as this would require extra memory the Kn7000 dosent have.
The way I do it is to use Technics Audio Recorder software.It connects your keyboard to a computer which records everything that comes out your keyboard outputs.
Only drawback is the finished song is in your computer, not your keyboard.
But you could then transfer the audio file to your SD card.
Hope this helps.

Cheers Barry

#59848 - 06/25/05 06:26 AM Re: How to Record singing voice with music on the 7K???
etwo4788 Offline

BARRY....Hey...thanks for the prompt response! It is a great start.

I do have a nice Sony laptop that burns CD's.... I understand the 7K far better than the 'puter. Can manage step by step instructions pretty well when they are REALLY basic!

The Sony & the 7K have been connected to allow downloading of SynthZone players' music through the 7K....to allow me to play along! That is fun for me!

The equipment you suggest....where is it available? Will it work with the 6K as well? It would be fun to record some of the voices of those I play for additionally!

Thank you for the response. ELIZABETH

#59849 - 06/25/05 08:42 AM Re: How to Record singing voice with music on the 7K???
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiya Elizabeth
The best bit of free software I found was Polderbits Sound Recorder which makes recording voices and KN7000 combined through the keyboard onto the PC very easy indeed (type Polderbits into your favorite search engine such as Google to find your copy) See examples I've done at: www.musicforte.com/member/RMepstead

#59850 - 06/25/05 02:44 PM Re: How to Record singing voice with music on the 7K???
Anonymous
Unregistered

[/B][/QUOTE]

I have a good mike...plugged into the mike input on the 7K....Is there a way to record my voice along with my tunes?

Hi Elizabeth.
I have used this method and got good results. Without using the PC!!
You need a Mini-Disk recorder and a lead with a ¼” stereo jack at one end, and a mini stereo jack at the other end.
Plug the ¼” jack into the KN7000 headphone socket. Plug the mini jack into the Mini-Disk recorder. Monitor the input to the recorder Via the headphone socket on the Mini-Disk.
Just so you don’t distort the recording.
With the mic plugged in, both the KN7000 and the mic will be picked up through the KN7000 headphone socket, and can be recorded directly to the Mini-Disk.
You may prefer to record the backing to the KN7000 sequencer first and save to floppy disk. Then you can play the floppy and sing along to record to the Mini-Disk.
If you make a mistake simply delete from the Mini-Disk and try again.
I think this way of recording, except for the mic is digital. I don’t know if I am absolutely correct on this point. But someone will verify this who knows for sure.
You can then burn to CD.
I hope this is of some help keeping in mind you are wary of recording directly to the PC.
I am quite satisfied with the quality, although it may not be the ideal way. But it works for me!
Kind regards.
Joe

[This message has been edited by Phil Lynch (edited 06-25-2005).]

#59851 - 06/25/05 02:45 PM Re: How to Record singing voice with music on the 7K???
etwo4788 Offline

ROGER.....Thanks for the suggestion.....I especially like that word..."Free"....

Yes, I have been to & registered with musicforte though as yet have just browsed just a bit....Not sure what I want to do there.... except find contemporaries to maybe meet & share music with....

All I have seen so far look sooooo young....except you & me!

I will get back & look at your examples!

#59852 - 06/25/05 02:55 PM Re: How to Record singing voice with music on the 7K???
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
Look at Audacity, FREE, at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Walter.

#59853 - 06/26/05 03:50 AM Re: How to Record singing voice with music on the 7K???
RMepstead Offline

Joe's pointed out that I must have paid for Polderbits after 14 days - well assuming I did it was definitely value for money...
Rog
p.s. sorry if I misled, still it's free for 14 days anyway...

#59854 - 06/26/05 04:12 PM Re: How to Record singing voice with music on the 7K???
etwo4788 Offline

ROGER... Okay....I like the Polderbits Sound Recorder description....Will wait to sign up till I am ready to roll with recording! I went to musicforte looking for your "examples"....what am I looking for actually??? If I have to eventually pay for it...then I will have to pay for it!

PHIL/JOE....Thanks for your idea of the mini-disc recorder & fine instructions for using it.... Somewhere in my "stuff" there is a cassette recorder/player....I think. As my Sony ONLY has a CD burner....I think the Polderbits thingy will be about the best alternative..(I want to call it Poltergeist) :-) Getting additional equipment does not appeal much as my home is a Motor Home....space is limited.

WALTER...Audacity....looks good too! I will spend some time on all these great ideas "soon"....

Thanks for your good help!

ELIZABETH

#59855 - 06/27/05 01:29 AM Re: How to Record singing voice with music on the 7K???
RMepstead Offline

Hi Elizabeth
You'd be looking for music that I and my singers have recorded using Polderbits - the examples are on the right hand side of the screen and you click on them to listen to them....
Rog

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online