SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#51418 - 12/30/04 02:34 PM Logitech Z2300 series speaker system
runner50 Offline

Loc: Geneva
Ive read all the comments on the Logitech Z22 and Z2300 2,1 system and they seem like an awesome group. Can this system be played in any keyboard or just the technics? I can see the sub-woofer is a powered speaker and there is a small control resembling a mouse with what looks like a 1/4" jack.

#51419 - 12/30/04 05:20 PM Re: Logitech Z2300 series speaker system
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
From what I've read on the 'General Arranger Keyboard Forum' page on this site, they can be used for anything ...
Go to that page and do a search on 'logitech ... you'll get a wealth of info ...
also: http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/009531.html
t.

#51420 - 12/30/04 08:24 PM Re: Logitech Z2300 series speaker system
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI RUNNER,
This sound system can be used with anything that needs an amplified sound system.
You can plug it into your computer sound card with the single stereo plug, also your game console. for your stereo keyboard there is an adapter cable that the stereo plug goes into and then you have two RCA female ends. You can put an adapter to go from the RCA female to 1/4" male to plug into your keyboard. You could also plug it into anything that only has a headphone jack.It has a control unit that controls the volume overall or just the bass woofer and it also has a shutoff switch on the control unit and a head phone jack.
So you see it can be used with anything.
The sale for 99.00 after rebate of 30.00 only lasts until Jan first at Comp USA store.
The unit puts out 200 watts RMS Power. $0 watts each satellite and 120 watts on the woofer. It is powerful.
I have a 200 watt Motion Sound KPS that was 1000.00 and I think this little system has more output that the KPS200.
I really didn't need it but I am really happy that I bought it. It is ideal for the motorhome. The weight is only about 25 or 30 pounds I estimate.
oh yes Freq. response is 35 to20 Khz.
It has a two year warranty.
The factory is right here in San Jose.
Logitech is a well know manufacturer of computer mice and keyboards etc.
That is about it from this end.
Happy New Year,
Bebop

#51421 - 01/01/05 05:50 AM Re: Logitech Z2300 series speaker system
runner50 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
HI RUNNER,
This sound system can be used with anything that needs an amplified sound system.
You can plug it into your computer sound card with the single stereo plug, also your game console. for your stereo keyboard there is an adapter cable that the stereo plug goes into and then you have two RCA female ends. You can put an adapter to go from the RCA female to 1/4" male to plug into your keyboard. You could also plug it into anything that only has a headphone jack.It has a control unit that controls the volume overall or just the bass woofer and it also has a shutoff switch on the control unit and a head phone jack.
The sale for 99.00 after rebate of 30.00 only lasts until Jan first at Comp USA store.
The unit puts out 200 watts RMS Power. $0 watts each satellite and 120 watts on the woofer. It is powerful.
I have a 200 watt Motion Sound KPS that was 1000.00 and I think this little system has more output that the KPS200.
I really didn't need it but I am really happy that I bought it. It is ideal for the motorhome. The weight is only about 25 or 30 pounds I estimate.
Happy New Year,
Bebop

#51422 - 01/01/05 05:54 AM Re: Logitech Z2300 series speaker system
runner50 Offline

HeyBebop! Happy New Year to you and thanks so much for your response on the Logitech 2.1 speaker system. Might these be able to be used for a PA system as well? Remember, I am a solo musician and my regular gig I usually only bring one JBL10...That does the job nicely, but if I can take this system and hook it into my mixer since the woofer is powered and the other 2 speakers get its power from the woofer...might it work? If you dont know, than I will contact logitech. Thanks again for your input...MIKE

HI RUNNER,
Happy New Year,
Bebop
[/QUOTE]

#51423 - 01/01/05 09:03 AM Re: Logitech Z2300 series speaker system
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Runner
I have my KB main outs to a mixer(passive)along with my Digitech VR, and laptop. This is sent to a Rane EQ,into a Sonic Maximizer, and out to the Z2200.

Not only are the instruments clear as a bell, but the vocals are improved a great deal.

I am sure it has it's limitations, but run my system with a band in a 50 by 100 room at half volume.

Bernie

#51424 - 01/01/05 12:11 PM Re: Logitech Z2300 series speaker system
runner50 Offline

Hi Bernie...Thanks for the info. I want to understand this correctly. I have a mackie cfx12 mixer. You are saying that I can plug my keyboard in to the controller and from there go into a line-in channel on my mixer? And everthing that I do, mini-disc sequenced music, my voice and my keyboard will come out of these 3 speakers? If so...It would be awesome for the friday night gig I do. Small bar...60 people...perfect I think...Mike

Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
Hi Runner
I have my KB main outs to a mixer(passive)along with my Digitech VR, and laptop. This is sent to a Rane EQ,into a Sonic Maximizer, and out to the Z2200.

Not only are the instruments clear as a bell, but the vocals are improved a great deal.

I am sure it has it's limitations, but run my system with a band in a 50 by 100 room at half volume.

Bernie

#51425 - 01/01/05 12:15 PM Re: Logitech Z2300 series speaker system
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by runner50:
HeyBebop! Happy New Year to you and thanks so much for your response on the Logitech 2.1 speaker system. Might these be able to be used for a PA system as well? Remember, I am a solo musician and my regular gig I usually only bring one JBL10...That does the job nicely, but if I can take this system and hook it into my mixer since the woofer is powered and the other 2 speakers get its power from the woofer...might it work? If you dont know, than I will contact logitech. Thanks again for your input...MIKE

[b]

HI RUNNER.
That system comes with a single cord to plug into a computer sound card with a miniture stereo plug. It also includes this adapter about a foot long that you plug into and then you have a Y with two RCA ends. Feed these two impute cords from two outputs of your mixer and you will have what you want, assuming your mic feeds into your mixer.
Bebop

#51426 - 01/01/05 03:19 PM Re: Logitech Z2300 series speaker system
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Runner
It sounds like step one is wrong.
I am saying to plug the KB directly into one channel of your mixer,and anything else you use on other channels. The output from the mixer goes into the Z22/2300 system, and controlled from there.I use an old Boss FV-300l dual line volume pedal from the keyboard, but that's just what I prefer.

Bernie

#51427 - 01/09/05 11:13 PM Re: Logitech Z2300 series speaker system
Marjorie Semensow Offline

Loc: Indio, Ca. ...
Hi Bebop

Regarding your message about an amplified sound system. I purchased the Logitech Z2300 and I love it.
Thanks to this forum, with all the good info.
regarding same, I was confident to go ahead
with the purchase.
I have a question for you or anyone.
Those of you that have Logitech Z2300 what
have you found to carry it to and from your
Gig besides the box it came in and that's not very professional. Is there a website that sells, cases, containers, bags, etc.
for this type of equiptment, that you know about?
I'm new to this business and have a lot to
learn.
I really appreciate having a place like this
to turn to.
Many thanks for helping.
Marjorie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online